Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 1st time Triumph owner
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Rob96Sprint
Grand Prix 250

Garage
Talking 1st time Triumph owner

A quick view of my 50 years. I grew up with my father having Harleys in the garage when I was a kid and have clocked 10's of thousands of miles on the full dressers with him and his friends as a youth. Until now I have owned nothing but Honda's, Kawasaki's and Suzuki's my entire life. I have always wanted a Triumph and just bought one last month. I went a long time without a bike after I got married, wife staying home to raise our daughter while I spent my life stuck in a office 6 to 7 days a week. She has done a great job with our daughter and has recently begun school to get a nursing degree. This told me it was time to start riding again. Over the last year I have been dropping the hints that I really wanted to get back out riding again so in June 2010 she said OK to me buying an old bike to fix up. I purchased a 86 Suzuki Intruder for $125 and started tearing it down to the frame the afternoon I unloaded it at home. I restored it back to a bobber style, Finished product in my pictures, and had a great time riding it this past fall. I sold it in November (I know I should of waited till this spring to get a better price) and have purchase my first Triumph, bout time after all this time. I now have a 96 Triumph Sprint and it has become my favorite bike ever. I have some work to do but I couldnt pass it up with only 18,000 miles on it. Worse thing wrong is the paint and that isnt a real hard fix. I do good prep work and a buddy does great paint work. I am hoping to be able to pick the brains of the more expeirenced Triumph owners on this sight for some directions. I am finding aftermarket parts are not the easiest to find as for the other bikes I have owned. I am looking forward to the education and what I hope to be years of riding on this bike and other Triumphs in the future. Happy Riding and hope to see you out on the road.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome