Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Speedo sticking
Thread: Speedo sticking
View Single Post
post #75 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
trbird
Grand Prix 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by engage View Post
I would call customer service in Georgia - (678) 854-2010, extension 2064. When my saddlebags never came in last year I called and talked with Peter and found out that Triumph had rejected the entire first lot from the supplier. I still didn't have my bags, but at least I knew why and I appreciated Triumph rejecting the bad parts.

Maybe you will find out whats going on with this issue and if they tell you a new part is around the corner, then wait, otherwise tell them you can't run around on a bike not knowing the speed and get them to send out a new one.
Called the number. First Peter said to take it to the dealer and get the speedometer replaced and I told them that they said they wouldn't do that and then he said "oh wait - were not doing that anymore - were still waiting to hear from the UK" . I asked If triumph would give me a loner bike with a working speedometer while I leave mine at the dealer waiting to get fixed. He said they should, so I am going to call them tomorrow(closed on Mondays). I afraid to ride my bike much since the speedo screws up most all the time anymore, especially after the warning ticket.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome