Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Speedo sticking
Thread: Speedo sticking
View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 PM
trbird
Grand Prix 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells View Post
Got the bike back from the dealer last night.

Their story is that Triumph has never heard of this problem before, which is obviously a complete load of BS. I don't know whether I should believe these guys and that Triumph is lying through their teeth, or think that the dealership is full of it. I am 50-50 at this point on which of these is true. Heck, this is the dealership that, when going over the bike with me, told me that it doesn't have auto-canceling turn signals.

Anyway, the kid that worked on my bike is actually a good guy, and knows his stuff. He pulled the unit apart, completely disassembled as far as he could what was there, noted that there was a ton of dielectric grease in the connections between the speedo and the cabling, and that a couple of the connections appeared to not be fully connected... sort of half-way into their sockets. This is a good thing, I figure, as it may actually have been the problem.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.
I feel your pain, I really like the bike but why all of the deception? They tell you they have never heard of the problem-Well They have heard it from me! As with the coolant leakage. Have you experienced that one? They claim they have a cure for the coolant but nothing on the speedo yet, but they are still selling the bikes to unsuspecting clients. This is not a noble business practice. I hate to see them drive another bird into extinction but...... I have never seen deception followed by long-term success. Only honesty and integrity can do that for them!! Triumph needs to come clean on this one!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome