Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Speedo sticking
Thread: Speedo sticking
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 12:36 AM
dagamed
Minitwins

Well just turned 1500 miles and a trip to the dealer due to an oil leak on the right side of the crush washer and notice when I got home that the speedo was stuck at 90mph stopped the bike and went down to 60mph turn bike off and down to 30mph. Power cycle the bike and speedo reset to 0mph. Went for a quick ride around the block and speedo stuck back on 60mph even tho I never went pass 25mph. Call the dealer and they need to run diag to verify issue. One thing that I notice is that it hit 100 degrees here in Phoenix today so temp may be a factor.
I have to wait until Tuesday 6/1 to take it back to the dealer in the hopes that it get's stuck on the way there so they can see it with their eyes as I don't know what kind of diag they will be running on the bike. - my guess is if they have enough of issues with the speedo sticking Triumph may put out a service bulletin other wise is cheaper for them to replace a few parts to those of us that is happening to.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome