First Post, HELLO ALL!
Hey all, glad I finally found this place.
Lemme give you a little bit of my motorcycle background.
I've only owned a few bikes in my life, starting when I was 19:
- Honda MT 125 Enduro, lotta fun off road, plus it got me back and forth to work
- Yamaha Seca 750; loved that bike, very comfy
- Kawasaki GPz 750; loved that bike too, classic sport bike styling of the 80's
Then I had a long break while I got married, had kids, bought a house etc.
- BMW K1200RS; this was almost the perfect bike for me. I loved sport touring on it and general commuting. A few minor problems with it though: too much weight, too little power, and a few QC issues with the cooling system.
- 2006 GSXr 750; This was the perfect bike for me; telepathic handling, even more comfy than the BMW (yeah, I know, hard to believe) extremely reliable, very quick (bordering on scary). I only sold it because I needed the $ at the time.
So, now I'm bikeless and thinking of a Speed Triple. I'll post in the Speed Triple forum in a little while, so you can give me advice there.
Hope to learn a lot here and get into a few good discussions.