Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
odieinsane
Minitwins

my bike?

well so far my design has changed a bit since i first wanted to do the project a little over a year ago. i have an interesting start to my engine. i believe if you look in the classic and vintage section then go to the tech section i have a thread titled something along the lines of "unique triumph case and open primary" that may spark the imagination on that part of the build.

as far as the profile of the bike i first planned on going with a stock rake/trail OIF with a hardtail and an older triumph tank and intend to build that one day(i'll keep the sketch for further down the road)... but my very creative and vivid imagination and love for all styles has led me to design a bike with even more of a classic bobber look with some very custom parts. i've got some parts of the build i'm keeping very secret until done because of skepticism and critisism but i think in the end it'll be an eye catcher.

the only thing i can think of that i will not be fabbing myself for this bike are the drivetrain, wheel assemblies, and a few other small things.

it'll take a while because i have NO money for the build but so far through some craigslist advertising i have recieved some parts i have needed from very generous people and a few more i shouldn't have any worries until i get to the drivetrain. hopefully the economy is better and i can afford to build my engine around the time i'm ready for it but i can wait if i must.

Dave

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome