Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - New Biker, New Triumph Owner, New Forum Member
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
T.Striple.R
Production 125

New Biker, New Triumph Owner, New Forum Member

Greetings,

I currently live in Woodbridge, Virginia. Back on a bike after 15+ years. My previous experience was not a lot at that but I did earn my license through MSF back then.

I just successfully completed the MSF this weekend (April 2-4) as a refresher as well even though I've had my M class license for all these years.

I want to be a smart, successful and skilled rider...not just a licensed rider. The do-over in MSF was of personal importance to me. I'm now pursuing advanced skills building opportunities (live training classes on closed courses or tracks, books and DVDs).

I just purchased a 2010 Street Triple R in Matte Blazing Orange. This is my first street bike and I cannot put into words how satisfied I am with my purchase. I've owned the bike now for about a month. The Triumph slogan of "Go You Own Way" is really carried out across the entire product line but the uniqueness of the Street Triple really spoke to my soul.

It is such a great bike with great performance and riding characteristics and it looks like nothing else out there and anyone riding it just looks cool. You are really "going your own way" no matter where you ride. This bike it uniquely it's own yet is at home among many styles of bikes and I love that.

From the twin headlights to the naked body to the LED tail lights and performance treads and fat rear tire...this bike really speaks to me. I researched ALL of the bikes out there before making my purchase (well all major manufactures) and it came down to this and the Ducati Monster 696 after all was said and done.

STriple R got my vote hands down in the end for me.

I'm such a fan of Triumph in such a short period of time. I like everything in the Triumph line up. Everything. I will be a patron of Triumph for years to come.

My future plans are to add a Triumph Thunderbird and a Daytona 675 to the garage in the years to come. ;-)

Thanks,

Thomas

2010 Triumph Street Triple R
Matte Blazing Orange
Straight Nekkid!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome