Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Not so new rider
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Lonerider60
Formula Extreme

Garage
Not so new rider

Hellow to those who came before me. My real name is Don, I'm from northern Michigan, retired, and have been a licensed rider for 45 years now. I've ridden just about everything except a Triumph so when I got the itch to trade my "08" FZ1 I looked and looked. When I decided to re-think a Triumph I went to the main site and got hooked on the looks of the Speedmaster. Drove over to my closest dealer, who just happened to have one, sat on it, like it, and then sat on the sales guy to get a fair price for my FZ1. After he quit bleeding, I gave him a deposit and will pick up my new bike tomorrow morning. Although I've had quite a few sport bikes, I'm not really a fast rider. I do get the urge from time to time to kick it up but I'm also not the kind of rider who has to wear the tires out getting from one place to the next. I just plain enjoy two wheels and the thrill of taking on new roads. Usually I ride by myself but that's mainly because I ride a lot and have a hard time finding other guys who want to take off for a 2000-5000 mile cruise to the other side of the country pretty much at a moment's notice.

I'm happy to be aboard.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome