Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Hello from Northern Virginia
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
JoeLip
Grand Prix 500

Hello from Northern Virginia

Hello Everyone,

Iíve been lurking around this site for about a year and think itís about time to jump into the mix. I have a beautiful 2009 Black and White Bonneville T100 which I purchased in February 2009. I had been out of the saddle for 22 years, having sold a really nice Suzuki GS850G to outfit my sonís nursery. He started riding about 4 years ago, and the urge for me to get back in has been growing ever since.

Iím 53 and learned to ride in the mid 60ís - early 70ís. My Dad had several nice Triumphs, a 200 Tiger Cub, a really hot í67 Bonneville (reworked by Cumberland, MDís own Tan Hemmis Ė anyone familiar with AMA Class A hillclimbing back in that period knows the Hemmisís but I diverge), a sweet í69 Tiger TR6, and the bike I did most of my riding on Ė a super fast í72 Trident.

I am really taken by the T100. As far as I remember, it sits and handles very similarly to the í72 Trident. No, itís not as fast but I figure 70 mph in second gear is plenty fast enough for me. I logged about 3800 miles last year. Not bad, and I loved every minute of it. I have a few mods going but will detail those when I post a pic. I just got her back from Winchester Motosports who remapped her for my new Dominator Touring pipes. The weather here in Northern Virginia isnít really cooperating just now.

Joe

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome