Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Newbie to the 'Rat forum!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Marlin.45
SuperStock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesert View Post
Either that, or he's got on weird, heavily modified .45!

Welcome to the forum!
Awww....cummon it's our weird British phrasing...though the .45 does throw 330grn. hand cast at 1700fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningJack View Post
Welcome aboard Marlin.45. You are so fortunate to live by Stonehenge. My wife and I visited there a few years ago, and found it amazing to see. It would seem to be a great place to ride the Scrambler.
Don't know where Avon is in IN but I lived in Indy for 6 months back in '91/'92 so know the area quite well. Used to hunt just South of Shelbyville and my ex lives on the South side of 495.

The road past the Heel Stone at Henge is a great route when the sun comes down and sillouettes it in the Summer. A long straight with a sharp 30 degree kink which can catch you out as the sun goes down. This route is due to be shut in the next few years to improve the 'ammenity' of Stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I was down that way riding my bike a couple of weeks ago, it was the first time back in over 10 yrs. Salisbury plain still looked as lovely as ever.

Welcome to the fold
A bit more activity here at the moment than then I should think? The Mercian regiment are on a 2 week excercise on the plain prior to operations in Afghanistan. Charlie boy was here a few days ago too. My house is being buzzed by Apache/Chinook/Lynx daily. Nightly it is parachute flares and mortars.....not that I mind....and a bit of excitement TBH

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Paul

'I am a rider at the gates of dawn - and I take no prisoners' - Rick. The Young Ones

2009 Scrambler Efi - O2 sensors removed/Arrow 2-1 (custom baffle)/AI removed/TTP Breathe inlet/De-baffled airbox/DNA intake filter.....

Last edited by Marlin.45; 02-12-2010 at 04:50 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome