Lucas Tail lamp/Turn Signal relocation - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
» Main Menu

Discussion Forums
 » Twins
 » Tiger
 » General
 » RAT

Features
 » Blogs

Motorcycle.com Links

Contribute
 » Photo

Motorcycle Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Twins Technical Talk Technical Talk for Hinckley Triumph Twins: Bonneville, T100, Speedmaster, America, Thruxton, and Scrambler.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Bonneville T100
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 425
Lucas Tail lamp/Turn Signal relocation

I have a 2012 Bonnie T100.I would like to change the factory tail lamp/signal assembly to the better looking Lucas tail lamp. I like the Maund adapter kit,but am wondering if I should just get the LED lamp assembly from Bellacorse and drill some holes in the fender.At the same time I'd like to relocate the signals to the shock mounts using the much smaller aftermarket type. My concern is that they'll get damaged by a passenger getting on and off the bike. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
deadbroke is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperSport
Main Motorcycle: 2010 Bonneville SE
 
Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Staffordshire UK
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbroke View Post
I have a 2012 Bonnie T100.I would like to change the factory tail lamp/signal assembly to the better looking Lucas tail lamp. I like the Maund adapter kit,but am wondering if I should just get the LED lamp assembly from Bellacorse and drill some holes in the fender.At the same time I'd like to relocate the signals to the shock mounts using the much smaller aftermarket type. My concern is that they'll get damaged by a passenger getting on and off the bike. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Before you get the LED assembly, take a look at this thread:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...onversion.html

If you carry passengers you may want to mount the turn signals a little further back than the rear shock mounts. I have a Triumph grab rail on mine, which is mounted to a dresser rail. I have relocated my turn signals to the point where the grab rail bolts onto the dresser rail. They are rougly level with the rear end of the seat. The side of the rear fender is also a good mounting point if you don't mind drilling a hole in each side.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperSport
Main Motorcycle: 2003 Triumph T100
 
Sheepdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Waldheim, LA
Posts: 1,397
Other Motorcycle: 2007 M-G Cali Vintage
I've used the shock-mounted mini-indicators on my '03 T100 since '05 with nary a problem. However, if I used soft saddlebags I would have to move them further back...
__________________
2003 Bonneville T100 and 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Bonneville T100
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I've used the shock-mounted mini-indicators on my '03 T100 since '05 with nary a problem. However, if I used soft saddlebags I would have to move them further back...
Nice Bike! what brackets and signals did you use? Any pics of the front signals? I don't plan on running bags.I did install the grab rail that comes on the 110th anniversary edition.
deadbroke is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Bonneville T100
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Before you get the LED assembly, take a look at this thread:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...onversion.html

If you carry passengers you may want to mount the turn signals a little further back than the rear shock mounts. I have a Triumph grab rail on mine, which is mounted to a dresser rail. I have relocated my turn signals to the point where the grab rail bolts onto the dresser rail. They are rougly level with the rear end of the seat. The side of the rear fender is also a good mounting point if you don't mind drilling a hole in each side.
Any pics of your install? I really don't want to drill the fender .
deadbroke is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperSport
Main Motorcycle: 2010 Bonneville SE
 
Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Staffordshire UK
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbroke View Post
Any pics of your install? I really don't want to drill the fender .
There is only 1 pic I have that shows them. They are just triangular flat brackets with 3 holes which mount by bolting them onto the Grab Rail. Hope this helps.

Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperBike
Main Motorcycle: '06 T100
 
Bron-Yr-Aur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Windber, PA (formerly Jax FL)
Posts: 1,657
Other Motorcycle: Kawasaki KXdirtshredder
For the signals, I just used bookshelf brackets that I painted black. I did have to cut and redrill them. Very sturdy and in no danger of being in the way for a 2nd rider.



I'm afraid, unless someone has come up with another idea, you'll have to drill the fender to make the Lucas light look right. I tried and tried, but to get it level, I couldn't use the pre-existing holes. I did a DIY that the moderators put in the stickies. I think it's on page 3.

Edit: oops, it was pg 2. Here's a link. Hope it helps

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...ocate-diy.html
__________________
(The artist formerly known as kreemsicleT100)

"Ya can't have 'no' in your heart. Life's a garden. Dig it." - Joe Dirt
"If y'ain't first, yer last." - Ricky Bobby
Bron-Yr-Aur Garage

Last edited by Bron-Yr-Aur; 12-09-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Bron-Yr-Aur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Bonneville T100
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreemsicleT100 View Post
For the signals, I just used bookshelf brackets that I painted black. I did have to cut and redrill them. Very sturdy and in no danger of being in the way for a 2nd rider.



I'm afraid, unless someone has come up with another idea, you'll have to drill the fender to make the Lucas light look right. I tried and tried, but to get it level, I couldn't use the pre-existing holes. I did a DIY that the moderators put in the stickies. I think it's on page 3.

Edit: oops, it was pg 2. Here's a link. Hope it helps

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...ocate-diy.html
I really like the way you did the tail lamp/signal install. This is the way the factory should have done it, in my opinion. I've bookmarked your link for future reference.Thanks to everyone kind enough to post replies to my question.
deadbroke is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperSport
Main Motorcycle: 2003 Triumph T100
 
Sheepdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Waldheim, LA
Posts: 1,397
Other Motorcycle: 2007 M-G Cali Vintage
You can get both shock mount and rear mount brackets from New Bonneville:
http://www.newbonneville.com/html/bl..._brackets.html
I believe I bought the mini-indicators from BellaCorse, but they don't carry them any longer. However, they're widely available...I found these at the Dennis Kirk site:
https://www.denniskirk.com/k-and-s/u....prd/21465.sku
My front indicators are the same as the rears. I installed them in the same holes as the stockers:
__________________
2003 Bonneville T100 and 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Powerbike
Main Motorcycle: Thruxton
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 317
I'm going to mount one of the Lucas mt110 round lights to my Thruxton. I'll be custom fabbing a bracket from aluminium using the existing fender holes. I'll post pics in the next few days.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Timinoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lucas tail lamp installation bobbed or stock fender Canyon Racer Twins Technical Talk 4 06-15-2014 06:23 AM
BC turn signal relocation kit solesrfr Club Cafe' 8 03-25-2010 03:58 PM
BC Lucas FEK install, and help with turn signal relocation!!! Vegas_07Bonnie Twins Technical Talk 2 02-12-2009 08:18 AM
Turn-signal Warning Lamp Replacement MarcP1956 Twins Technical Talk 0 07-09-2007 07:04 PM
turn signal relocation 05Truxter Club Cafe' 11 05-14-2007 11:42 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.



Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0