Before I decided to do my bafflectomy I looked around a lot of places for a video guide. At least something with a little more detail than "This is how it sounds"
I couldn't find anything. So I decided to do a little better (I stress LITTLE better, I didn't have someone to hold the camera so I got a mix of video and pics AFTER things were done, not during.)
Up first is the Bonnie with the Mufflers removed, running with just the headers. I wanted a base line for how loud "straight pipes" would be.
As you can see the cuts with the general purpose blade were a bit rough. I finished them off with some filing, and I'm going to put them on a grinder and sander this weekend to really smooth out the line and any burrs left in the metal.
After chopping off both ends I used a drill bit to drill 6 holes in the baffle. In the next video you can see the holes pretty clearly.
I took it out for a test drive after this. Nothing major, just 5 mile round trip or so. Sound is certainly much better. I'm almost jealous of the "straight pipe" sound, but I'm sure that would get old quick.
I haven't noticed any real change. The throttle might be a little less "snatchy" but that could also be me reading into it. I haven't changed the map, and if it continues to work well, I probably won't until I do an airbox mod.
That's it, hope it helps someone, or gives someone the confidence to try it on their own.