Hmmm....Kawasaki W650 - Page 7 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Twins Talk Discussion of Hinckley Triumph Twin related matters and topics.
Sponsored by: National Powersports Distributors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
Supersport 600
Main Motorcycle: 2011 Thruxton
 
SDthruxton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 168
Extra Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki Volusia
what part of Cali are you in?

I have a 2000 W650 along with my Thruxton and XS650. I love them all in different ways.
SDthruxton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
Powerbike
Main Motorcycle: 2012 Thruxton
 
bluesman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wooster, Ohio
Posts: 387
Other Motorcycle: 2003 Ducati M800Sie
Extra Motorcycle: 2001 BMW R1100R-L
The main reason I traded-in my 2000 W650 was the crappy gas we have around here draws moisture and the pilot jets would get plugged. The carbs are somewhat of a nightmare to remove, so when I did - I replaced the float bowl phillips-head screws w/ allen heads. That way, if you need to, you can remove the float bowls w/ the carbs attached. If the bike sat for any extended period, the jets would plug until I started added Seafoam @ 1 oz./gal. - that helped a lot. By all means, if you store the bike for any length of time, stabilize the gas w/ Seafoam & drain the float bowls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post

The previous owner recommend some type of fuel cleaner from Yamaha that will help get it running smoother in the long run. Does anyone know what he means by that?

Also, I've heard about seafoam. Educate on that please.

"...I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days---and many nights for that matter---and it is one of my finest addictions..." Hunter S. Thompson
bluesman77 is offline  
post #63 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: '10 Bonnie SE- aka Maggie
 
Wheelhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 775
Other Motorcycle: '82 Suzi GS1100GLZ
Extra Motorcycle: '73 Suzuki TS50
Yamalube ring free plus and or combustion chamber cleaner. Made a nice difference on carbed Suzuki.

Maggie- '10 Bonnie SE; SAI, 02R, Dom. Touring, DNA Pods, TTP Tune #11 with Stage 1 ign., 36E's
Wheelhorse is offline  
post #64 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Kawasaki W650
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDthruxton View Post
what part of Cali are you in?

I have a 2000 W650 along with my Thruxton and XS650. I love them all in different ways.
SF Bay area.
GoonerYoda is offline  
post #65 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Kawasaki W650
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman77 View Post
The main reason I traded-in my 2000 W650 was the crappy gas we have around here draws moisture and the pilot jets would get plugged. The carbs are somewhat of a nightmare to remove, so when I did - I replaced the float bowl phillips-head screws w/ allen heads. That way, if you need to, you can remove the float bowls w/ the carbs attached. If the bike sat for any extended period, the jets would plug until I started added Seafoam @ 1 oz./gal. - that helped a lot. By all means, if you store the bike for any length of time, stabilize the gas w/ Seafoam & drain the float bowls.
Interesting....thanks for the info.



Hipstergram pic!

GoonerYoda is offline  
post #66 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: '01 Triumph Bonneville
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 899
augghghghhgh! please, no hipstergram

NO HIPSTERGRAM
luckyduck is offline  
post #67 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Lifetime Premium
Site Supporter
Supernova
Main Motorcycle: '08 Triumph Bonneville
 
leftarmlogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Back, back in the Pittsburgh groove...
Posts: 21,625
Other Motorcycle: '65 Ducati 350 Sebring
Extra Motorcycle: '07 Triumph Sprint ST
My eyes have been burnt by the hipstergram!

Shock and titillate me! I've got money!

"It's a great day for hockey" - "Badger" Bob Johnson

I should really update this: http://cundalini.blogspot.com/
leftarmlogan is online now  
post #68 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Lifetime Premium
Site Supporter
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: Scrambler
 
Olhogrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Concord California
Posts: 745
Other Motorcycle: Sold
Extra Motorcycle: Gone
That is a beauty! Now I have to ask my kids what hipstergram is. If my brake part ever arrives, would you like to meet for a ride?

Damned Dirty Biker!
Olhogrider is offline  
post #69 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
D9
Premium Member
Site Supporter

Site Supporter
SuperSport
 
D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southwestern Illinois
Posts: 1,189
Always like the W650, still do... engine looks perhaps as much vintage
Ducati to my eyes as anything though, at least on the right side



D9 is offline  
post #70 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Kawasaki W650
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olhogrider View Post
That is a beauty! Now I have to ask my kids what hipstergram is. If my brake part ever arrives, would you like to meet for a ride?

Hipstergram = Hipsters using the Instagram app which you'd find on any smartphone. Just a play on words.

Do you know about http://www.groupridesforum.net/?
GoonerYoda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki W650 dogtired Biker Hang-Out 6 12-02-2009 08:22 AM
Kawasaki W650 dkreidel Twins Technical Talk 39 05-18-2009 12:24 PM
Kawasaki W650 posted in classifieds KingBear Twins Technical Talk 0 10-12-2006 06:13 PM
Kawasaki W650 - just posted in classifieds KingBear Twins Talk 0 10-10-2006 11:48 PM
Kawasaki W650 JonCG Twins Talk 29 11-24-2005 09:57 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
Supersport 600
Main Motorcycle: 2011 Thruxton
 
SDthruxton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 168
Extra Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki Volusia
what part of Cali are you in?

I have a 2000 W650 along with my Thruxton and XS650. I love them all in different ways.
SDthruxton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
Powerbike
Main Motorcycle: 2012 Thruxton
 
bluesman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wooster, Ohio
Posts: 387
Other Motorcycle: 2003 Ducati M800Sie
Extra Motorcycle: 2001 BMW R1100R-L
The main reason I traded-in my 2000 W650 was the crappy gas we have around here draws moisture and the pilot jets would get plugged. The carbs are somewhat of a nightmare to remove, so when I did - I replaced the float bowl phillips-head screws w/ allen heads. That way, if you need to, you can remove the float bowls w/ the carbs attached. If the bike sat for any extended period, the jets would plug until I started added Seafoam @ 1 oz./gal. - that helped a lot. By all means, if you store the bike for any length of time, stabilize the gas w/ Seafoam & drain the float bowls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post

The previous owner recommend some type of fuel cleaner from Yamaha that will help get it running smoother in the long run. Does anyone know what he means by that?

Also, I've heard about seafoam. Educate on that please.

"...I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days---and many nights for that matter---and it is one of my finest addictions..." Hunter S. Thompson
bluesman77 is offline  
post #63 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: '10 Bonnie SE- aka Maggie
 
Wheelhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 775
Other Motorcycle: '82 Suzi GS1100GLZ
Extra Motorcycle: '73 Suzuki TS50
Yamalube ring free plus and or combustion chamber cleaner. Made a nice difference on carbed Suzuki.

Maggie- '10 Bonnie SE; SAI, 02R, Dom. Touring, DNA Pods, TTP Tune #11 with Stage 1 ign., 36E's
Wheelhorse is offline  
post #64 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Kawasaki W650
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDthruxton View Post
what part of Cali are you in?

I have a 2000 W650 along with my Thruxton and XS650. I love them all in different ways.
SF Bay area.
GoonerYoda is offline  
post #65 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Kawasaki W650
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman77 View Post
The main reason I traded-in my 2000 W650 was the crappy gas we have around here draws moisture and the pilot jets would get plugged. The carbs are somewhat of a nightmare to remove, so when I did - I replaced the float bowl phillips-head screws w/ allen heads. That way, if you need to, you can remove the float bowls w/ the carbs attached. If the bike sat for any extended period, the jets would plug until I started added Seafoam @ 1 oz./gal. - that helped a lot. By all means, if you store the bike for any length of time, stabilize the gas w/ Seafoam & drain the float bowls.
Interesting....thanks for the info.



Hipstergram pic!

GoonerYoda is offline  
post #66 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Senior Member
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: '01 Triumph Bonneville
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 899
augghghghhgh! please, no hipstergram

NO HIPSTERGRAM
luckyduck is offline  
post #67 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Lifetime Premium
Site Supporter
Supernova
Main Motorcycle: '08 Triumph Bonneville
 
leftarmlogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Back, back in the Pittsburgh groove...
Posts: 21,625
Other Motorcycle: '65 Ducati 350 Sebring
Extra Motorcycle: '07 Triumph Sprint ST
My eyes have been burnt by the hipstergram!

Shock and titillate me! I've got money!

"It's a great day for hockey" - "Badger" Bob Johnson

I should really update this: http://cundalini.blogspot.com/
leftarmlogan is online now  
post #68 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Lifetime Premium
Site Supporter
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: Scrambler
 
Olhogrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Concord California
Posts: 745
Other Motorcycle: Sold
Extra Motorcycle: Gone
That is a beauty! Now I have to ask my kids what hipstergram is. If my brake part ever arrives, would you like to meet for a ride?

Damned Dirty Biker!
Olhogrider is offline  
post #69 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
D9
Premium Member
Site Supporter

Site Supporter
SuperSport
 
D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southwestern Illinois
Posts: 1,189
Always like the W650, still do... engine looks perhaps as much vintage
Ducati to my eyes as anything though, at least on the right side



D9 is offline  
post #70 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Kawasaki W650
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olhogrider View Post
That is a beauty! Now I have to ask my kids what hipstergram is. If my brake part ever arrives, would you like to meet for a ride?

Hipstergram = Hipsters using the Instagram app which you'd find on any smartphone. Just a play on words.

Do you know about http://www.groupridesforum.net/?
GoonerYoda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki W650 dogtired Biker Hang-Out 6 12-02-2009 08:22 AM
Kawasaki W650 dkreidel Twins Technical Talk 39 05-18-2009 12:24 PM
Kawasaki W650 posted in classifieds KingBear Twins Technical Talk 0 10-12-2006 06:13 PM
Kawasaki W650 - just posted in classifieds KingBear Twins Talk 0 10-10-2006 11:48 PM
Kawasaki W650 JonCG Twins Talk 29 11-24-2005 09:57 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome