Originally Posted by Stratlanta
Kinda like building up those callouses on your fret hand fingers, right?
Uh-oh...don't tell me you play! What do you have? Here's my list...been playing for quite some time now.
1. 1985 Gibson Les Paul Classic with PAF pickups (my holy grail of my collection)
2. Gibson SG Standard
3. Gibson Les Paul Standard
4. Feder American Strat...."Blackie"
5. G&L ASAT Classic
6. Ibanez RG270
7. Epiphone Les Paul with Seymour Duncan pick-ups. A jazz pick up in the neck and the dimebag darrell pick-up in the bridge. Sounds horrible if you marry the pick-ups together but what a constrast when going from clean to distortion. This is my grunt guitar that I playout with.
8. Austin strat...chinese strat copy but my very first guitar and will never let it go.
9. Simon & Patrick accoustic with a cutaway
10. Enrique Keller classical guitar
11. Classical guitar found in dumpster...what a day; turned me into a whole new world of guitaring...classical guitar. If I was to re-do my life then I would study classical guitar starting from age five.
12. Baby Taylor...great travel guitar for when I deploy.
13. Ovation...enough said; never buy one of these...yuck!
I have a tiny but incredibly rich and strong 1982 Fender super champ amp that is all tubed and point to point wiring. This amp is a killer and has a sound that is so rich that you feel like you poke your finger right into the tone!! This is the amp Gilmore used in the studio to record the wall and Clapton used to record slowhand.
I also have a Marshall half...the dilemma in my life of the dualities: Gibson vs. Fender guitars/Fender vs. Marshall amps. I utilize both and enjoy my tone.
By the way...in case you were wondering if this is a thread hi-jack: all the above items mentioned will make you enjoy your Bonnie even more!!!