Bought this 1993 T300 on Saturday for £650:
Rode it home, wasn't running quite right, so I took it to bits.
Work done so far:
- New plugs;
- Cleaned and oiled K&N filter;
- New airbox to carb rubbers;
- New fuel tap knob;
- Bled the rear brake.
I found the riding position a bit, er, sporty for a man of my age, so I thought I'd have a go at fitting some clip-on handlebars from a later Trophy; new left-hand clip-on only fitted, for comparison:
Had to re-route the choke cable, and it needs longer front brake lines so that I can re-attach the master cylinder to the bar, but otherwise the steering turns from lock to lock without anything fouling the screen, fairing or tank. Should be a big improvement over stock.
Parts now on order:
- Custom-length Venhill racing brake lines (front);
- No. 1 ignition coil and HT lead (hoping this will cure the misfire);
- Second hand bar end weights to fit the new bars.
- Renntec sports rack, so I can carry my stuff about.
Other work to do:
- Fit my new heated grips! It's blooming cold here right now!