Custom Corbin - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
» Main Menu

Discussion Forums
 » Twins
 » Tiger
 » General
 » RAT

Features
 » Blogs

Motorcycle.com Links

Contribute
 » Photo

Motorcycle Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Tiger Chat For owners and riders of Hinckley Tigers: 800, 800XC, 885i, 900, 955i, 1050i, 1200


Sponsored by: Baja Designs

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Minitwins
Main Motorcycle: Tiger 800
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wayland, MA USA
Posts: 11
Custom Corbin

I wanted a Corbin seat and I do not like the standared one that they make. It did not come out like I have come to like it. I wanted a flatter smaller passenger seat.

This is my second corbin and putting in 200 miles without a stop is no big deal love the seat.

I'm tempted to put four legs on the stock seat and send it to the CEO of Triumph with a dare to sit on it for a day instead of his office chair.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Corbin-tiger-corbin-seat.jpg  
CliveW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supersport 600
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 190
Other Motorcycle: BMW R1200RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveW View Post
I wanted a Corbin seat and I do not like the standared one that they make. It did not come out like I have come to like it. I wanted a flatter smaller passenger seat.

This is my second corbin and putting in 200 miles without a stop is no big deal love the seat.

I'm tempted to put four legs on the stock seat and send it to the CEO of Triumph with a dare to sit on it for a day instead of his office chair.
I've been thinking of a Corbin for my Tiger 800. What leather is that on yours; I like its look....
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 BMW R 1200 RT
2010 Triumph Bonneville <gone>, 2006 BMW R 1200 RT <gone>, 2007 Royal Star Venture <gone>, 2007 V-Strom DL1000 <gone>, 2006 VTX 1300R <gone>, 2005 V* Classic <gone>
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperStock
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 255
Thats a nice looking seat. I didn't care for the look of the stock Corbin offering either.
Does this one change your seat height appreciably?
As for having the Triumph exec sit on the stock seat, I think that should be a requirement of any new motorcycle coming out. It seems to be beyond most makers to build a reasonably comfortable seat.
__________________
'10 Tiger 1050se
'11 650 VStrom '09 XR1200
'01 FXD, '09 400 Burgman, '79 BMW R100
Joe S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supersport 600
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 190
Other Motorcycle: BMW R1200RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
Thats a nice looking seat. I didn't care for the look of the stock Corbin offering either.
Does this one change your seat height appreciably?
As for having the Triumph exec sit on the stock seat, I think that should be a requirement of any new motorcycle coming out. It seems to be beyond most makers to build a reasonably comfortable seat.
I see we've had similar mounts. I found the V-Strom seat okay, and the BMW also, but this Tiger....oh my!

I think I will have to replace the seat on my T800. I have been looking at Corbin and Saddleman, the only two I know who offer one piece seats.....not sure if the Sargent offering will be one or two piece, but I don't think I can wait until "spring 2013" anyway.
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 BMW R 1200 RT
2010 Triumph Bonneville <gone>, 2006 BMW R 1200 RT <gone>, 2007 Royal Star Venture <gone>, 2007 V-Strom DL1000 <gone>, 2006 VTX 1300R <gone>, 2005 V* Classic <gone>
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
SuperStock
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
I see we've had similar mounts. I found the V-Strom seat okay, and the BMW also, but this Tiger....oh my!

I think I will have to replace the seat on my T800. I have been looking at Corbin and Saddleman, the only two I know who offer one piece seats.....not sure if the Sargent offering will be one or two piece, but I don't think I can wait until "spring 2013" anyway.
Actually, those are the bikes I still have. The Vstrom seat didn't work for me at all, I had it rebuilt by Rick Mayer, same as I did the 1050 Tiger. A good seat is always high on my list of things of importance. Kind of makes all the difference between wanting to ride the bike and not.
__________________
'10 Tiger 1050se
'11 650 VStrom '09 XR1200
'01 FXD, '09 400 Burgman, '79 BMW R100
Joe S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supersport 600
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 190
Other Motorcycle: BMW R1200RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
Actually, those are the bikes I still have. The Vstrom seat didn't work for me at all, I had it rebuilt by Rick Mayer, same as I did the 1050 Tiger. A good seat is always high on my list of things of importance. Kind of makes all the difference between wanting to ride the bike and not.
Well, I gave in yesterday afternoon and ordered a Corbin. I think I might have preferred a Sargent, as I hadone of theirs on my Bonneville and liked it, but I wasn't willing to wait 6 months or so until they had one available. I didn't get the Saddleman mainly for its (to me) odd look. It also uses gel, which IMHO isn't something good for hot, sunny days.

Hope I do like the Corbin. They estimate 3-4 weeks before shipping. I'll attempt to post my review of the Corbin in the next 3-6 months as I get it "broken in".
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 BMW R 1200 RT
2010 Triumph Bonneville <gone>, 2006 BMW R 1200 RT <gone>, 2007 Royal Star Venture <gone>, 2007 V-Strom DL1000 <gone>, 2006 VTX 1300R <gone>, 2005 V* Classic <gone>
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Minitwins
Main Motorcycle: Tiger 800
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wayland, MA USA
Posts: 11
Seat info

The height feels a little higher

Fabric - Leather on the top Vinyl on the sides as recommended by Corbin. one has a higher Gloss. I also asked to have it as plain as possible

This is the fabric description

Carbon-Fiber Hi-Gloss, Black Similar to our standard Carbon-Fiber leather, but using a surface treatment that gives a shinier appearance (rather than bonded nylon weave).

What I would do different - I would have made the end (tail) a little higher and asked for a squarer flatter passenger seat that claser matches the stock seat.

It feels great and I'm very happy with it.
CliveW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
Supersport 600
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 190
Other Motorcycle: BMW R1200RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveW View Post
The height feels a little higher

Fabric - Leather on the top Vinyl on the sides as recommended by Corbin. one has a higher Gloss. I also asked to have it as plain as possible

This is the fabric description

Carbon-Fiber Hi-Gloss, Black Similar to our standard Carbon-Fiber leather, but using a surface treatment that gives a shinier appearance (rather than bonded nylon weave).

What I would do different - I would have made the end (tail) a little higher and asked for a squarer flatter passenger seat that claser matches the stock seat.

It feels great and I'm very happy with it.
Thanks for the post. That answers some of my questions. I am looking forward to getting my Corbin seat in a month or so. I have also been thinking about getting a Rick Mayer solo seat for my BMW....mainly because of their "sale" going on now.....
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2009 BMW R 1200 RT
2010 Triumph Bonneville <gone>, 2006 BMW R 1200 RT <gone>, 2007 Royal Star Venture <gone>, 2007 V-Strom DL1000 <gone>, 2006 VTX 1300R <gone>, 2005 V* Classic <gone>
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corbin G&L with Corbin Backrest and Renntec rack Blusideupp Twins Talk 3 04-28-2010 08:27 AM
Corbin seat and custom pannier mount omphoto Twins Talk 0 08-09-2009 06:18 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.



Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0