NOTE: The key housing WILL come with it. It's hard bolted underneath and i wasn't sure how to get it off without it, so I just pulled it up all together and it worked just fine. here's what the bottom of the triple tree looks like.
Now go throw your clip ons on and get them in the 'ballpark' of where you want them. Might also help to tighten them down a little just to check clearance before moving on. Note this positioning. It didn't work for clearance for me....I took a pic anyhow.
Then once your in the 'ballpark' of where you think you wanna be go ahead and start putting your turn signals, clutch, etc. back on. Things will change once you get it all on for 'clearance' so make sure to just lightly tighten things on as they'll possibly need to be re-adjusted to your likeing / clearance prefs.
Once you get the left side sorted out for the most part I did the right side. One trick is to make sure you put the throttle back on the bars before you connect them (ie. reversing how you took them off with the OEM bar) so you don't put everything on and then realize you can't fit the throttle housing back on. In this pic you can see the brake res. is flat and good but i had to bend my wrist up to get the brake lever. vs. the clutch side which was really nice and smooth to grab. So i had to make some changes.
This is the snag for me, this part of the brake line kept getting in the way of my 'ideal' brake lever setting. So i eventually moved the Apex bars from their original position to a +1 fwd position which raised the bars a little and allowed this to fit behind the clip ons around the forks. (if that makes any sense!)
You'll also notice that the clip ons are up almost all the way, that's because i couldn't get any clearance (maybe i was doing something wrong) while they were all the way down. I was a little bummed at first but after my ride home i'm glad they're a little higher i think. At least my back is happier i'm guessing.
The front brake res. was at a serious angle with the OEM bracket so i undid the nut holding it in place, and then dremeled down the knot that was holding it in place for the oem braket. That allowed me to rotate it upwards a little more getting it a little more parallel with the ground. I could probably have gotten it even flatter but ran out of time.
Here's how it's setup now. I never could get the brake lever and the clutch lever to mirror each other angle wise so for now the brake lever is slightly lower (angle wise) than my clutch lever. Only solution i see is moving the bars to 'straight bars' or getting a different brake line that doesn't have the metal kink ours has (only those with the new round reservoir will have this issue).
In the end. Here's clearance on both sides.
For now, it's Done. Rides a lot more aggressively and leans a lot easier, and of course looks good IMO.