There was a video around a while ago that showed this but when I went looking for it, I had no joy. I looked at old threads on here, but it wasn't clear to. So I scratched my head a bit, wrestled with the bike and figured it out.
You'll need a hex socket of the right size (sorry, forget what size it is) to undo the fairings. There are no nuts to worry about, just bolts, so you can just unscrew everything without fear.
When removing the bolts, make a note of which ones you take out of each place - there are two types of bolts, that look very similar. The thread is the same, but the length is different.
- Unscrew the 2 bolts holding the top plastic on either side. Pull/gently bend the plastic away at the end to unhook it, and to reveal the other two bolts underneath it. Remove them all.
- 3 bolts on each side of the air dam. Remove them all and the three peices of plastic. This will reveal two more bolts. Remove them.
- remove the obvious 3 on each side of the bike.
- Remove the 2 on the bottom of the fairings.
- Remove the 1 at each side closest to the pegs.
The fairing will basically be hanging now on a pin in the middle top of the fairing. Just lift it gently up and away and it should just come off.
I hope this is useful to someone.