The controller of the Oxford grips is playing up! When forgetting to turn them off (senility setting in) the controller is not operating when battery voltage drops to 12.5 (not turning them off) and thus battery is suffering, and so am I.
Have found what looks like the plug for OEM grips under the nose cowling. It is a 3 pin female plug which when tested has live current at one side at all times and at the other, only when the ignition is at on. The centre wire I assume is an earth?
What concerns me though is, if this is indeed the correct plug for the heated grips, the wiring is extremely lightweight compared to the wiring that comes with the Oxford unit. Would this light wiring cause any resistance issues if I connected the heavy wire into the connecting pin and turn the grips on.
The grips heat up well as is and quite quickly, I assume that this will change and they will take some time to heat up if I connect them to the female pin.