So, by now I had got the custom bug and decided to go for a full on old school chop...
I chopped the rear mudguard right back using a jigsaw
Bought an LED tail light off eBay and mounted it to the chain guard
Several cans of Rustoleum Hammered Copper and Silver for the body work
Sprung solo seat and 3" springs
I cut an aluminium plate to cover the exposed electrics under the seat and fitted a couple of rubber bungs to create enough space for the airbox to breath.
1" bars with an 8" rise for some serious attitude
The hammered paint went down so easily, hiding any imperfections in my sanding. Topped with petrol resistant lacquer.
Short stem bullet indicators and paint theme running under the seat