Kev_England's - 1968 Bonneville T120
First, I want to thank everyone that helped me rebuild this bike. It’s been a dream of mine to have a vintage Bonneville—ever since I was a kid in England. And, funny enough, I wind up buying one after moving here to America! There is NO WAY I could have done this without all of your help. To name a few that I can recall right now: Webby, GrandPaulZ, Plewsy (including his now legendary videos), GAMBA, RetroRod, Caulky, Snakeoil, HenryAnthony, Jimmy Bush, and Tip Rat. There were dozens of others and I’m sorry I can’t name you all.
It’s taken over 2 years and over 700 posts on this forum to complete. In fact, I even had the help of this forum to select the bike model before I even bought it! This it is truly a TriumphRat.Net bike -- this success belongs to this great forum and I want to thank you all.
Here are the highlights:
• 1968 Triumph Bonneville T120 650cc
• Purchased by me in April 2009 as a non-running, partial basket case, with matching engine/frame numbers
• Complete strip-down to the crank and rebuilt with 98% English parts
• Frame and all black parts powder coated.
• About 95% of fasteners have been replaced with stainless steel versions
• Wheels re-chromed and new stainless spokes fitted
• Headlight and tank badges re-chromed
• Tins repainted
• Complete new rewire job including single point grounding employed
• Complete engine rebuild down to the crank (new bearings, crank/rods re-worked, new sludge trap, re-bore and new pistons etc.)
• New production AMAL Carbs
• Sparx electronic ignition and alternator
It still needs a little work in areas, but nothing urgent. It's a first kick starter and sounds great.
Thank you once again guys, it’s been a pleasure working with all of you and I'll still be around to help others and also ask inevitable further questions!
P.S. These pictures were taken at a local lake here in North Carolina (Jordan Lake).