TriumphRat.Net is a web site/portal that supports the free flow of information regarding motorcycling, with an emphasis on Triumph-brand motorcycles.
TriumphRat.Net is not in any way associated with Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd, The Riders Association of Triumph (R.A.T.), or any regional distributor of Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd. The operators of TriumphRat.Net may be active participants in official Triumph-sponsored activities, but none are employees of Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd or any subsidiary.
TriumphRat.Net is operated as a private web site, financially supported by both individual and commercial interests. No guarantees can be made now, or in the future, with respect to the levels that each group/individual contributes.
TriumphRat.Net uses the Triumph Logo with permission from Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd.
TriumphRat.Net is operated by a close group of private individuals, each being a Triumph Motorcycle enthusiast. These volunteers donate their time and efforts towards a respective portion of a broad set of tasks necessary to maintain TriumphRat.Net. No compensation is paid to this group of moderators and operators.
The originator and creator of TriumphRat.Net is a member of the Motorcycle.com network.
All content submitted to the operators, editors, administrators, and moderators of TriumphRat.Net are posted on the site for the benefit of its members and visitors. While TriumphRat.Net does not claim ownership of user-contributed content, we reserve the right to request and/or claim copyright protection of certain types of content when applicable. An example of this would be in cases of TriumphRat.Net content being used within the scope of a print publication. Please contact the webmaster for additional information.
User-Contributed Content does not represent the opinion of TriumphRat.Net. TriumphRat.Net holds no liability or supports no warranty towards the type, amount, content, or definition of any user-contributed content. This waiver also extends to whatever content that may be considered private or proprietary. In other words, the user is responsible for the information contributed, posted, or submitted. Any content submitted by the user may be used by TriumphRat.Net for any purpose it deems necessary.
The TriumphRat.Net Administrators retain the right to make changes to, edit, update, add to, or remove, content as is deemed necessary.
The TriumphRat.Net Logo may be used on other web sites, but must be hyper-linked back to TriumphRat.Net.
The guidelines set forth in the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) are designed to support the active operation of TriumphRat.Net and support a platform for the appropriate exchange of information:
A member of TriumphRat.Net is automatically assigned a profile and granted access immediately. This membership is given free of charge, and allows the registered user to contribute and communicate in several areas of the site. The member is asked to verify age, and as long as the registration is sent to the proper email address, the user is allowed access.
The site's management recommend that usernames be fictitious, using your own real name or the real names of other persons should be avoided, moderators have the right to amend those that could lead to confusion or are not appropriate.
As an international site members are also requested to fill in their location details of their profile, a city and/or country is preferred.
TriumphRat.Net membership is not contingent on any other membership of any other organization, including Riders Association of Triumph (R.A.T.). In other words, it is not necessary to be a member of R.A.T. to contribute on TriumphRat.Net.
3.2 Paid Membership
Paid memberships are an option to all members, However, are not mandatory. There will be no refunds for paid members should they decide they no longer wish to participate on the site. If a member is banned from the site for breaking the rules no refund of monies will be given.
3.3. Prohibited Activities
- Proprietary Information shall not be posted within any part of TriumphRat.Net, which includes using TriumphRat.Net as a platform for exporting proprietary information. If proprietary information is posted, it will be edited and/or removed.
- Copyrighted material shall not be posted on TriumphRat.Net without the permission of it's owner.
- Posting of off-topic content. Only motorcycle-related content is allowed within the various model sub-forums. However, provision is made for discussion of a wide range of non motorcycle topics within the Bikers Hang Out forum, but must be kept within the guidelines laid out in the AUP.
- Posts that deem to constitute personal attacks, posts that denigrate or insult, inflammatory posts, racial or ethnic slurs or posts that are likely to encourage inflammatory responses are not encouraged, and may be edited or deleted.
- Executing a retaliatory strategy towards other individuals or companies. We welcome open communication here, including issues; but with an intent on helping to resolve. TriumphRat.Net is an online community, not a virtual weapon.
- Religion & Politics: Discussions involving religious and political matters have been demonstrated to be prone to inflammatory exchanges, and they are therefore not permitted here.
- Using TriumphRat.Net to Spam, or for other types of spamming activities.
- Fraudulent Activities, or committing fraud.
- Extreme or Consistent Profanity, no exceptions.
- Mis-spelled Profanity or other character replacements designed to bypass word filters.
- Using deceptive practices to gather other user contact/email information.
- Sending potentially dangerous content, including viruses and worms, for the purpose of gaining access to other member's computers.
- Cross-Posting of advertisements for products, items or services.
- Disrupting any area of TriumphRat.Net with frivolous, excessively vulgar, hateful, or repetitious postings. This also includes using Profanity, in any fashion.
- Posting of excessively large files/images. In other words, images are allowed but should be limited in size so that dial-up users reasonably view them as well. If you have images in the Photo Albums, post a link to your album in lieu of posting the actual photo.
- No forum wars. If you have beefs with users in other forums, this isn't the place to air them out.
- No mod baiting. Ranting about moderators, abusing moderators or provocation of moderators is not acceptable behaviour and may earn you some vacation time or a permaban.
- Mod decisions are final. Moderating is a thankless task that absorbs a lot of personal time. The mods run the site so that you have a forum to use and share information. We ask that you respect their decisions.
- Private Messages are Private. Post someone's PM and you're gone.
- Posting private information about someone will get you banned. You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information—their phone number, where they live, and so on - without their consent.
- Scanning TriumphRat.Net for ways to gain un-authorized access or to hack the server.
- Using TriumphRat.Net content within any other web site, publication, verbal communication, or multimedia release without permission.
- Postings of extreme morbid content. TriumphRat.Net is a means to share information real-life events, but not perpetually display them without end.
- Posts that ask for or encourage financial payment, commercial or charitable. Please make arrangements for advertising with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross-Posting the same topic across more than one page or category. This type of activity is disruptive and is abusive to the other members of TriumphRat.Net. If there is an issue or question, send a private message to an Administrator or a Moderator before posting or editing.
- Explicit Content; Text or Images depicting pornographic content, including mild or soft porn. This also includes content that has nothing to do with motorcycling. There are other sites on the web that are better suited for providing that kind of information/service.
- Substance Abuse - Text or Images that describe, promote, or encourage abuse of legal substances. Examples would be the abuse of prescription drugs or alcoholic beverages.
- Use of Illegal Drugs - Text or Images that describe, promote, or encourage the use of substances and/or drugs that are illegal in the United States of America (US).
- Group Buys - Group buys are allowed to be offered on Triumphrat.net by Site Sponsors and will be offered via the Site Sponsor Forums. A Group Buy may also be organised on behalf of the members by a Moderator direct to a product supplier when a Site Sponsor is unable to do so. Members are not allowed to organise Group Buys on Triumphrat.net. Links to other sites offering group-buys are not allowed unless they are offered by Site Sponsors on other Motorcycle.com owned sites
- Posting with the intent to recruit members to other online communities.
- Posting Ads for bikes and/or parts/gear for sale or Want to Buy in the main forums is not allowed. The member's Classifieds are available for this purpose.
In order to financially support TriumphRat.Net, its founder maintains several relationships with primarily commercial organizations. In return for their ongoing contributions, they are given the right to advertise their own products and services to the entire user base that visits TriumphRat.Net.
In order to protect their interests, no content or posts written to sell or promote a product or service can be put on TriumphRat.Net, including web-site or Signature-site links without pre-approval. This also includes non-profit and charitable interests. In other words, only active financial supporters of TriumphRat.Net can advertise or post content about their products and services on TriumphRat.Net.
TriumphRat.Net Classifieds, Web Links, Product Reviews, and Photo Albums cannot be used to post content supporting commercial interests. The only exception would be TriumphRat.Net Advertisers.
4a. Classified Forum. Use of the Classified Forum is for members only and subject to qualifying rules: Read rules
5. TriumphRat.Net Assumes No Liability
TriumphRat.Net has no practical ability to restrict all conduct, communications, or content that might violate this Policy prior to its transmission on its server. Also TriumphRat.Net cannot ensure the prompt removal of any such communications or content after transmission or posting. Accordingly, TriumphRat.Net does not assume any liability to visitors and members for any failure to enforce the terms of this Policy.
6. Possible Actions Taken for Violation
It is important to understand that while TriumphRat.Net is privately operated, its administrative team and key members are made up of extremely capable individuals. Those that depend of the availability and content of TriumphRat.Net represent more one single group or interest. This is said to serve as a warning; we like having fun and sharing information about motorcycling; do not access this site for the purpose of committing the Prohibited Activities outlines above in section 3.3. In most cases, violations will merely be edited or deleted. In more extreme situations, access to TriumphRat.Net may be modified or completely blocked.
Repeat violators, or illegal actions, will be reported to your Service Provider or Network Administrator. Which may lead to the notification of the law enforcement organization that would support your physical location. This action may lead to criminal prosecution and/or suit for damages.
We understand that everyone makes mistakes, and we never turn anyone away or disallow access for merely making mistakes. However, for those who choose to not abide by the TriumphRat.Net Acceptable Use Policy and agree to its terms, we will disallow your access and ask that you do not return. Abide by these simple guidelines - or do not use TriumphRat.Net.
7. Revisions to the Acceptable Use Policy
TriumphRat.Net reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time, so there will be no notice given upon Acceptable Use Policy changes or updates.