Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2007 Speedmaster
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA
I got the Dynojet kit last year because I was getting less than 30 US MPG after buying the bike from a guy on eBay the previous Fall. I decided to learn a thang or two about carburetors, and not have to rely upon a Triumph stealer - closest one being over three hours away. Anyway, followed DJ written instructions, #2: "Install the Dynojet needles on groove #4 from the top, using all stock spacers. Install the Dynojet washers above the E-clips (2 per needle)."
Due to the altitude I live and ride at I replaced FP 125K mains with Dynojet 114's (forget what that is in a Keihin). Noticed the pilots in the carbs were a whopping 48, so replaced them with 42, and balanced the carbs. Bike runs fine and now gets 40-46 US MPG with the desired increase in RANGE.
But, the air screws are all the way in and seem to have no effect when turning out, so I've left them set at zero turns out (they are the NewSpeedmaster brass thumbscrews). Although the bike is running fine, I'm sure I can do better before I drag it down to a guy with a Dyno. I'm also contemplating the installation of some type of Innovate A/F gauge, but that was gonna be another thread...........
Last edited by skinman; 05-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.