I got the Maund kit in the mail Monday. I thought I had ordered the one with indicators built in... but I didn't. My mistake. I was too excited to wait, so I installed it anyway. No trouble there, and the lights work as they should:
I loved the way it looked, but obviously I needed to add indicators. I liked the look of the Kellerman LED ones, but they were way pricey, and I didn't want to wait. Figuring out a mounting arrangement was a little tricky too. I like the look of the indicators on the shock mounts, but I'm setting up to run two Pelican 1430's on those MCS brackets you see in the pics above. So that wouldn't work. Neither would the NB brackets that use the same mounting area as my luggage brakets. So I decided to see what I could do with some Home Depot hardware and the stock indicators.
I found this very helpful thread (and associated photo-blog): http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...-diy-pics.html
... and I basically did what D9 did, except I wanted them even shorter, which took a little more dremel work. Here's what I had when done with the first one. The top one is stock:
Not perfect, but serviceable. For brackets, I used basic corner-brace brackets, drilled out the holes as needed, and hacked off the excess on one side. The top one is what I started with, the bottom is my finished bracket:
Mounted to the signal:
And that's about it... unless you have luggage brackets like mine. I had to bend them after mounting to get clearance. That moved them slightly down behind the license plate, which isn't ideal, but they should still be plenty visible. I trial'ed and error'ed it until it was about even, then tightened things up. The nice thing about reusing the stock indicators, is I just plugged it all back in and it worked, first try:
All buttoned up: