Originally Posted by Zoe
Anyone go from a sport/superbike to a Thruxton?
Need your thoughts, please
(I searched, hope this isn't a repost)
Went from a GSX-R600 to a Thruxton. Here are the top ten differences.
10. Thruxtons are not as fast as supersports
9. Thruxtons are heavier than most sportbikes
8. Thruxtons don't carve corners as quickly as a supersport
7. Thruxtons have "wierd" tire sizes that preclude modern sticky track day tires (stock sizes, not you modded guys)
6. Thruxtons will gather more attention than sportbikes. True story. Parked next to an 1198 at a bike night - my Thruxton got more looks and stories of "I had a Bonneville..." than the Duc.
5. Thruxtons will attract the ladies.
... and unfortunately, old men too (see #4 stories)
4. Thruxtons will let you buy a whole new riding wardrobe - cafe leathers, helmets, etc.
3. Thruxtons have a much smaller tank and hence range.
2. Thruxtons will make you buy accessories second only to owning a Harley.
.. and the number one difference in owning a Thruxton..
When people accuse you of being a Eurosnob, you can look down your nose at them while having tea and crumpet instead of sneering over your espresso.
06 Thruxton 900 Crumpet \ 09 KLX250 Gumby \ 08 Can Am Spyder big bird \ 01 VFR750F
Sold: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 BMW F650GS, 08 GSX-R600, 03 GSX-R600 race bike