Update. Got the final bracket cut and cleaned and fitted to make sure it all goes together.
Here's the results, minus powder coating.
Underside. So you can see how it's mounted
Basically, i had to get long 5mm Hex Screws, (which i'll replace with allen head screws later) with a nut to hold those in place. then i set jam nuts at the proper height and sandwiched the ignition between the jam nuts and a flat washer and lock nut.
Here's so you can see the screw heads and how the ignition fits.
And here's the side profile. Please excuse the rags again. i haven't fit the new lower ears to the bike yet.
When i got the bracket from the plasma cutter it was pretty raw. i used my dremel to clean up the inside of the guage holes to make sure the rubber gromets fit right. I used a Step drill bit and my corded drill to get the mounting holes and ingnition mount holes cleaned up and the correct size.
After that i used my orbital sander to clean up the rough edges left by the drill bit.
Once i get my bars, which i think i'm paying for today, i'll be able to pull the triple clamp off my bro's bike and we can get all our small parts down to powder coat probably by the beginning of next week. I'm freakin stoked.