Hey Guys. This is my first project, bike, post, etc. Just wanted to post some before pictures and some to-dos. First off, I'm still a newb when it comes to Triumphs or motorcyles in general. I'm learning as I go.
Anyway--I picked up this bike mid-June, and I'm looking to get it running by the end of the summer hopefully. I'll get some more, higher resolution images soon... but I took these with my cell phone because it was the only camera I had at the time.
I got a really good deal on this bike. My friend found the listing for it, so I'm thankful for that.
As of right now, it needs grips, a battery, a tank rack (my friend tells me there were tank racks on the 66s... and you can see where the guy before me bondo'd over the holes on the tank), original handlebars, mirror, emblems, and pretty much a complete breakdown to make sure everything else is alright. The starter still has really good compression, so that's good. I've ordered the parts book and a photocopy of the manual from britishonly.com, so once that gets in we can start working on it.
I will most definitely keep this updated with progress on the bike.
[EDIT]: The serial numbers match for both the frame and the bike--SRH41380