Old Cafe racer - Page 5 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Classic, Vintage & Veteran For Coventry and Meriden Models. Anything pre-Hinckley goes.

 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
Team Owner
Main Motorcycle: 1977 Triumph Bonneville
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grass Lake , Michigan,USA
Posts: 4,390
Other Motorcycle: 1996 Ducati 900ss/cr
Extra Motorcycle: 2007 Ducati S4RS
I think you're deliberately trying to stir some ****. Why ? Weedie said nothing to deserve any derision and whatever he ingests is none of your concern.
weedie likes this.
duc96cr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM
Senior Member
Pole Position
Main Motorcycle: T120RT
 
KADUTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in my house
Posts: 3,828
Other Motorcycle: T140V,T140D,T140E,T140J
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc96cr View Post
I think you're deliberately trying to stir some ****. Why ? Weedie said nothing to deserve any derision and whatever he ingests is none of your concern.

dus96cr


" I learned a long tine ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and besides the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw


K
rambo likes this.

TRIUMPH
"THE WORLDS PRE-EMINENT MOTORCYCLE"
KADUTZ is offline  
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 AM
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: Pre unit T120 basket case
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rural N.S.W. Australia.
Posts: 145
Other Motorcycle: 1971 kawasaki f8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc96cr View Post
I think you're deliberately trying to stir some ****. Why ? Weedie said nothing to deserve any derision and whatever he ingests is none of your concern.
What this thread has done, is demonstrated the point I made at the very beginning. I referred to a very small minority, but others saw fit to get all butthurt. It is good of you to come to weedies defence, but I'm sure he could have come up with a reply that would have sat me on my arse. And left me scratching my head. As for your drongo mate who posted below you, I have little time for keyboard warriors, so won't dignify his insult with a reply. He typifies the old boys club .
whipiron geoff is online now  
 
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:09 AM
Lifetime Premium
Site Supporter
SOTP Vintage Series
Main Motorcycle: 2006 Thruxton
 
jonkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,862
Other Motorcycle: 1971 T120
Extra Motorcycle: Ossa 6 day replica
Garage
I think you might have the wrong end of the stick Geoff.

I think you assumed someone was having a shot at you and so you fired back. Which resulted in others firing back. Thing is, I didn't take the post you burred up about as being aimed at you at all and was something pretty tame.

It happens.

Have a beer and read the thread again tomorrow. FWIW I have done something similar on more than one occasion so you aren't on your pat.

Most people have very short memories on these sort of forums if you make an honest overreaction so don't sweat it but think you are going to unnecessarily blow a foofer valve here. Save the foofer valve for something really worth getting narky about.

Storms, teacups, shrug it off and have a beer. My 2 bobs worth anyway.

Aunty Mabel
jonkster is online now  
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:15 AM
Senior Member
Pole Position
Main Motorcycle: T120RT
 
KADUTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in my house
Posts: 3,828
Other Motorcycle: T140V,T140D,T140E,T140J
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipiron geoff View Post
What this thread has done, is demonstrated the point I made at the very beginning. I referred to a very small minority, but others saw fit to get all butthurt. It is good of you to come to weedies defence, but I'm sure he could have come up with a reply that would have sat me on my arse. And left me scratching my head. As for your drongo mate who posted below you, I have little time for keyboard warriors, so won't dignify his insult with a reply. He typifies the old boys club .
\


duc96cr

See what I mean.....


Guess the Forum has gained a


Hey Whippen Poof says you are a retired cycle . Any Forum can use an experienced person why you being such an




K (aka drongo mate)

TRIUMPH
"THE WORLDS PRE-EMINENT MOTORCYCLE"
KADUTZ is offline  
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Site Supporter
Legend
Main Motorcycle: '67 Triumph Bonneville
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Laredo, Texas
Posts: 11,158
Other Motorcycle: British Iron
Extra Motorcycle: Dreer Norton Prototype
Garage
Definitely too many emoticons.

GrandPaulZ
Author of "Old Bikes"
Born Again Bikes
My Photo album
GrandPaulZ is online now  
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
Pole Position
Main Motorcycle: T120RT
 
KADUTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in my house
Posts: 3,828
Other Motorcycle: T140V,T140D,T140E,T140J
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaulZ View Post
Definitely too many emoticons.




GPZ





Never ever too many


K (aka drongo mate)

TRIUMPH
"THE WORLDS PRE-EMINENT MOTORCYCLE"
KADUTZ is offline  
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: Pre unit T120 basket case
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rural N.S.W. Australia.
Posts: 145
Other Motorcycle: 1971 kawasaki f8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkster View Post
I think you might have the wrong end of the stick Geoff.

I think you assumed someone was having a shot at you and so you fired back. Which resulted in others firing back. Thing is, I didn't take the post you burred up about as being aimed at you at all and was something pretty tame.

It happens.

Have a beer and read the thread again tomorrow. FWIW I have done something similar on more than one occasion so you aren't on your pat.

Most people have very short memories on these sort of forums if you make an honest overreaction so don't sweat it but think you are going to unnecessarily blow a foofer valve here. Save the foofer valve for something really worth getting narky about.

Storms, teacups, shrug it off and have a beer. My 2 bobs worth anyway.


Though I appreciate your efforts as peacemaker, I disagree with you. Firstly, if I misinterpreted weedies post, then that is an issue between him and myself. I don't really think he needs SJW's riding to his rescue, I'm sure he could set me straight. But that is not the main issue, this thread was started by some one who commented about a couple of members who no longer come here.
I raised an issue I had experienced, but did not infer that it was the reason for the others leaving. Instead of discussing the issue I raised, the whole thread turned into a circus. Look to be quite honest, I no longer care, and I'm sure comments of good riddance will greet my departure, but meh. I'm sure certain childish members can come up with insults that I won't be reading anyway. But they can sit around and giggle, and play with their emoticons.
It is fine to call each other idiots etc, that's what blokes do. But when people start using insults like poof ( homosexual ) and the mods say nothing, that just proves my point about the old boys club mentality. The mods won't do their job, for fear of offending long term members. Oh hang on, paul made a comment about too many emoticons. Anyways, that's my final comment on here. cheers.
whipiron geoff is online now  
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 PM
Member
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2016 Tri Thruxton Std
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Southern Ohio USA
Posts: 63
Other Motorcycle: I WISH it were a Bultaco
Greetings Geoff. Weedie here.
Read your reply while out and about today, and I was completely chagrined * over your post. Your terminology "old boys club mentality" tripped me up, and sent me into reply-land.
I don't yet know if you were referring to the entire TriumphRat.net, or just the Club Cafe section. I took it to mean the entire website, and imagined a multitude of crotch rocket youngsters out there calling us, persumably seasoned on two wheels, A BUNCH OF GEEZERS! That is "where I was coming from." (Which later gave birth to the phrase, "Let's not go there") So that's what it was about, for example, if someone gets bored with this website forum because we don't regularly discuss how to wheelie an EFI bike in first, and how to get to second, etc., then they have probably too limited a scope of intellect, or interest, for what is the usual drift on this great site.
I apologise for my wordy-ness, one last thing....the "weedie" handle is a phonetic contraction of my last name, German as sauerkraut, Wied, etc., which is pronounced "weed." I won't go within 10 miles of the devil weed, I've seen it ruin too many lives through the "impaired judgement" thing.

We are brothers on two wheels, and I wish you all the best and safe riding. Cheers, Weedie

*I know how to use some words, but don't know their definition. This one means, "embarassed, humiliated and annoyed."
weedie is offline  
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
Team Owner
Main Motorcycle: 1977 Triumph Bonneville
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grass Lake , Michigan,USA
Posts: 4,390
Other Motorcycle: 1996 Ducati 900ss/cr
Extra Motorcycle: 2007 Ducati S4RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipiron geoff View Post
Though I appreciate your efforts as peacemaker, I disagree with you. Firstly, if I misinterpreted weedies post, then that is an issue between him and myself. I don't really think he needs SJW's riding to his rescue, I'm sure he could set me straight. But that is not the main issue, this thread was started by some one who commented about a couple of members who no longer come here.
I raised an issue I had experienced, but did not infer that it was the reason for the others leaving. Instead of discussing the issue I raised, the whole thread turned into a circus. Look to be quite honest, I no longer care, and I'm sure comments of good riddance will greet my departure, but meh. I'm sure certain childish members can come up with insults that I won't be reading anyway. But they can sit around and giggle, and play with their emoticons.
It is fine to call each other idiots etc, that's what blokes do. But when people start using insults like poof ( homosexual ) and the mods say nothing, that just proves my point about the old boys club mentality. The mods won't do their job, for fear of offending long term members. Oh hang on, paul made a comment about too many emoticons. Anyways, that's my final comment on here. cheers.
We can only hope .
KADUTZ likes this.
duc96cr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mag Wheel Bonneville - Starting Transition to Cafe Racer blackrod Air Cooled Twins Talk 10 07-25-2016 09:49 AM
Bonneville to a Cafe racer DCoop78 Water Cooled Twins Talk 6 07-21-2016 03:39 PM
oh were is my shipped email and pictures of my cafe racer bikes Howsie Club Cafe' 9 04-09-2016 09:05 PM
New Cafe Racer Ciminelli The Welcome Center 2 06-30-2015 03:36 AM
Is this a Cafe Racer Motorcycle ? Dxtreme Air Cooled Twins Talk 62 03-03-2015 10:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome