Originally Posted by Old Cafe Racer
I originally fitted a Bunn breather kit, breathing in at the timing plug and out at the rockerbox both via the supplied one way valves.
Two things happened that I didn't like, first the valves were really noisy and had to be covered in silencing foam and second the "specially made" oil proof hose was very poor and started to crack at every bend after a few days.
So I simply got rid, refitted the timing plug and just fitted a hose to the exhaust rockerbox fitting same as I used to do back in the day.
Zero oil leaks anywhere for the last 700 miles.
Life is good.
How in the world do you have next to no oil in your rockerbox outlet hose? I have the same set-up but with an inlet system in the TDC hole. My outlet hose goes up and then along the bottom of the fuel tank, down the OIF tank and out the bottom of the bike behind the gearbox. Each ride I have immediate drippage of oil from the blow-by gases which slowly puddles up to approx the size of a 5-inch circle before it finishes dripping about a day later.
I'm working on my solution this weekend which is installing an aluminum catch can from Pegasus Racing ($20) behind my side cover so its concealed. Both the inlet and outlet hoses have Krankvents in the correct direction of air flow. I figure with the catch can I will at least be able to control the oil out of the hose instead of leaving the usual Triumph signature wherever I park.
I've got another post on the forum about this but my last trick to perform is figuring out how to stop the gearbox oil from coming out of the foot change spindle hole (left side gear change). I currently added an o-ring on the foot change spindle where it meets up with the hole - that worked for most of my last ride but not the entire ride - at least minimalized the oil leak - however did cause the gear changing to be a bit tougher then with no o-ring.
Re: the original post - I too have a BNR belt drive and converted to dry clutch (as the above indicates). Love it so far, minus the oil drips as noted above I'm still working out. I highly recommend the BNR set up, sealed bearing, 7lbs of loss weight (brother-in-law says in rotational weight it likes removing 49 static lbs) and looks hella kewl. Uber easy to fit, direct replacement.