Took the logical approach and wired up the new switch. My only real concern were the two green wires on the new and the green green/brown on the old switch so I just randomly connected those wires (figuring they were both grounds) and the switch works.
Now I can reinstall it and use the keys! I also got the locks for the seat and glove box with this kit ($16 on ebay, new, two keys). The glovebox lock fit, the seat lock didn't. I can get the seat off without the key so no big deal.
Also adjusted the valves and installed the proper exhaust gasket this morning.
Great to be able to use a key and not pliers to start the scoot.