Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Getting Nude

28K views 73 replies 38 participants last post by  fityfive 
#1 ·
Couple of mods over winter. Amazing the difference in these things when you get them breathing!
BEFORE

AFTER

See less See more
#67 · (Edited)
Fify

Here is what I'm thinking.

Side View of extension (right side) showing how it will be welded to existing (modified) Tray. The red Line is how I envision the contour may work for a fit all tray (EFI & Carb). Battery would fit in the "straight" part coming off of existing tray (which sits below the seat frame cross brace). Only issues I see are how far you would have to continue the straight part for a battery to fit under the cross brace and what would it look like after being installed. I'm thinking it would look like the tray itself (current tray in relation to how much sits below the frame).

Top View to show how the extension needs to curve in to follow frame.

Something like this "could" be a one tray fits all.

#69 ·
Fity, I may have missed this, but are you actually selling this tray for carb Thruxtons at this point, or when others say they have the Fity tray, does that just mean they've used your description? I've been looking into doing a mock up for my local fab, but if you are already producing these things, I think I want one!

#74 ·
dkapner check out the group buy section but as it stands at the moment I have made a mock up and it's at the fabricator now being copied, should have one for my bike in a week or two.
Bensville I sanded the whole area then masked everything else up and painted my self, it come up really well. Give it a go it's not too hard. Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.