Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Sprint ST "tag" game

5K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  SLY DVL 
#1 ·
It's way too cold to ride here in Southern Ontario, Canada (just below freezing today). So, I thought I'd jump on the "tag" bandwagon and start the game off with a pic of my ST in pieces.

Got a pic of your ST in pieces? Post it up, then you post up the next pic...

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay, I'll bite. Here's my Sprint in pieces:

Next up, a pic of your ride far from home on a road trip. Here's mine about six months after I bought it. Despite the Yuengling sign, that's actually the original Sugar Park Tavern in New Orleans.

#8 ·
Hmmm...I kind of cheated since NASA is not military, even thought the pic was taken at Ellington Field, used by US Army, AF, USN, and USCG over the years.

I'm perfectly willing to punt back to a Sprint photo with a military vehicle in the background....tank, fighterplane, even a drone. Highest honors for a Sprint photo with a British military jet. (I'm working on that one, too, but it might take a while.)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#9 ·
Whoah! Awesome picture, MarkST :)

#13 ·
Well this thread has died a slow and painful death. Fair enough, since it's not riding season to 1/2 of us. Mark my words though, as soon as I can get out on the road I'll be snapping pictures. Although finding an active Military base might be a challenge in these parts... :)

#18 · (Edited)
Well for those that live on the Bum of the Planet they may have to wait until our summer to find there snow pic :D. Does it snow anywhere in Australia? New Zealand of course (thanks to LOR we all know this) but Australia?

Here is Grand Junction on the western slope of CO is know for pretty damn nice weath; at least that's how it looked when I moved here this fall. Well it turns out in the winter a tempurature inversion can set in the Grand Valley; haven't seem anything above 0*C (yes some of 'murcans can do metric too). We had -22*C the other morning, falling into a temperature black hole of dispare around here.

#20 ·
Cool game, but maybe we need to restart with the rules clearly written out as obviously many just don't get it. Should only be one picture of any given subject matter. First person to post a picture of the current subject "wins" and gets to specify the next subject.

#21 ·
Technically there should be two pictures of one given subject. Poster "A" posts a pic of their machine by a palm tree. Poster "B" should also post a pic of their machine by a palm tree, and then may post another pic of their machine in a setting of their choice (by a body of water for example). Poster "C" must post a pic by a body of water, and then a pic of their chosen theme (maybe with a tractor?). Poster "D" now posts a pic with a tractor, and so on, and so on, and so on...

I'd happily post more pics, but since I just bought my Sprint in Nov I've taken very few pics, all of which were in my workshop... :(

#26 ·
Okay, are we doing this for real now, starting on page three? :p

I'm not north of I-10 by much, but it's enough for this to happen:

Next up, a picture of your tire with something stuck in it:

#28 ·
That's not fair Kit you are a puncture magnet!!!:D
I know it's not fair! :p That was a fresh one yesterday; just happened to be the most recent pic I had on the computer.

Nice snow shot by the way :thumb
Thanks. I'd love to never get one of those again!

Cheers,
-Kit

#29 ·
Ah, so Kit is the one taking the tire punctures for the team. Thx. (Careful with that habit!)
I've been collecting chipped windshields (windscreens) over the yrs. Have you heard U2's "it's a beautiful day"? "...you've been all over, and its been all over you!" Feels that way with road debris.

Snow?! No Sprint snow plowing or chains for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#30 ·
Nice shots, Kit! I assume you have the former oilburner back together, and all is right?

I don't have a picture of it, but one time I walked back to my bike, and was standing there putting on my helmet, etc., when something caught my eye.

I found a 3-inch 16 penny nail halfway through the outside edge of the tread, where it makes a lip. It looked for all the world like some Goth dude's ear piercing! I have no idea how long it was there, but I never heard anything.

After marveling that close call, I just pulled the nail out, and rode off.

#31 ·
Nice! :eek:

Still burning a quart a week and waiting for enough cash to order gaskets and stem seals and enough time to pull the head off. Running nice and smooth aside from that, though. :D

Cheers,
-Kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.