Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

2013 STR pics from 'Build My Triumph' configurator

22K views 54 replies 23 participants last post by  babble 
#1 ·
If you're like me you've been logging into Triumph's website periodically to see if they've uploaded the 2013 streety into the 'Build My Triumph' tool. As of today, they haven't yet, but i think they are close. Today in my google alerts i got a link from wonder-vision.com (apparently the software company that designs the build my triumph feature) with images of the new street triple all decked out in accessories. Check out the pics!
The panniers and bags look nice, as well as all the other goodies.
I gotta say, that carribean blue looks pretty good too.

See less See more
#42 ·
True. I'm looking very intently at the Dart Flyscreen, but am pretty sure that I'll be getting the OEM pan.

The other bike I was considering is the new BMW F800GT (yeah, yeah, I know - it's could only be more different than the Striple if it some Harley chopper chopper chrome potato chrome chrome potato potato chopper thing). It's supposed to be a "Grand Turismo," but it doesn't even come with the panniers, or the mounts for them, standard.

It's the old "foot in the door" sales technique. They try to hook you with a lower price, then just keep chipping away at you with the "extras." In today's world, it's pretty easy since most people are getting a loan. "Sir, that flyscreen may be ridiculously expensive, but it's only pennies per month onto your monthly payment." :D

#43 ·
Yea you guys have a point I'll wait and see what kind of systems are released aftermarket. I'm waiting on the bellypan for now, but the flyscreen, and a few smaller bits are a done deal.

The mirrors are a little awkward, but I dont want bar-ends. I like the mirrors on the older street triples. That should be an easy swap, no?

#48 ·
I read an article, forgot where, but it was saying that the tail section was redesigned to bring the weight balance of the bike to like 48% rear and 51% nose. The low exhaust was done in an effort to change the balance dynamic which helps settle the bike in cornering and allows for less wheelie on launch.
The first gear is also taller and almost an exact copy of the D675 gear mapping. The taller first gear allows for better fuel mileage and a more street/commuter friendly bike.
My opinion, based on the read, is that Triumph decided that the Street Triple is just that, a naked bike for the commuter, and the R is for the commuter who likes to get spirited on the weekends. Riders looking for a track bike are expected to step up to the Speed Trip or Daytona R. Over all I am a fan of the old exhaust because I liked the thick, compact "Bulldog" bike but with the overall performance changes the new bike is nice.
If there is the option for an aftermarket high exhaust on this thing that would accept panniers then I would be all over it. Ill just stick with my Bonnie for now and continue to dream in the configuration tool during lunch.

#50 ·
I read basically the same stuff you must have. I like the low exhaust. When I was configuring prior year models, the first item I would check was the Arrow 3-1 exhaust. I never bought into the tail exhaust styling exercise and am glad Triumph is going away from it, but I would have preferred them to not make it look like ductwork from my house. :D

#55 ·
Street triple OEM panniers

Would I be right in assuming that these paniers never got put into production? i.e. I can't actually buy them anywhere? It seems as if the only pannier option is the blaze one - even Givi have stopped making them for the 2013 model.

If you're like me you've been logging into Triumph's website periodically to see if they've uploaded the 2013 streety into the 'Build My Triumph' tool. As of today, they haven't yet, but i think they are close. Today in my google alerts i got a link from wonder-vision.com (apparently the software company that designs the build my triumph feature) with images of the new street triple all decked out in accessories. Check out the pics!
The panniers and bags look nice, as well as all the other goodies.
I gotta say, that carribean blue looks pretty good too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.