Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Twins Talk Goes Automated

3K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Papa Weeley 
#1 ·
Due to the high volume of posts, the moderators (sic) of this forum have instituted an automated system TO SERVE YOU BETTER.

For service in British, press 1. Please wait.

For confirmation that the Triumph Twin you are sort of, kind of, thinking about maybe buying is the awesomest motorcycle ever, and to receive gratutitous disparaging remarks about any other motorcycle you may be foolishly comparing it to, press 2.

For helpful tips on how to bludgeon a seller of a Triumph Twin into submission, and pay less than the bike is worth, and far less than we all paid, press 3.

For an explanation of why your one of over 100,000 Hinckley Twins will be much more valuable, collectable and re-saleable if you leave it stock right down to the tank stickers and reflectors, press 4.

For a list of practical mods including sissy bar, enormous windscreen, King and Queen seat, steamer trunk sized saddle bags, and other applications, to transform your once attractive twin into a rolling hemorrhoid, press 5.

For a list of approved mods and the correct order of purchase and installation, that will allow you to sit at the cool kids' table, press 6.

For how to spend the equivalent of another brand new motorcycle to wring an extra 15% of power out of your Triumph twin, press 7.

For the definitive answer on carb vs EFI, synthetic oil vs dino, and the whole truth and nothing but the truth on which tire, pipe, sparkplug etc etc etc is the very best for your Triumph Twin, press search. No really, press search.

For all other inquiries related to the maintenance, care and feeding of your Triumph Twin, press Forchetto.

See less See more
#3 ·
Clever.

That pretty much covers everything.

#16 ·
I can't speak for everyone here but by them being here, kind of speak for them selfs. We have a shared passion, that has created a sort of ken ship. If we could only get the rest of the world on board. When we need to put things into perspective, we all can just go for a ride on what ever bike we ride. It sure does wonders for me. IMHO anyway.

#18 ·
I wonder if a FAQ section would have any merit.
For example a listing of commonly-used abbreviations (TORS, WOT etc) may help some of the newcomers better understand what is being discussed.
Most of the answers can be found in the owners manual (with respect to capacities, tire pressures, etc), but others could be addressed with a well-placed link to previous discussions.
Maybe even a tutorial on using the Search function would enable some folks to either find their answers or at least refine their question to better enable some of the pros to answer their questions.
And lastly a metric to English conversion table (or link) might be useful to those of us wondering if 140km/hr is fast or slow.
I have been the fortunate beneficiary of a wealth of wisdom and advice from this forum and appreciate everyone's input.

#20 ·
Some good suggestions but by discovering the meaning of abbreviations is part of the fun. Once you know them, you become part of the "club". I'm always stumped by km/litre petrol consumption. I do know that 300 kph=186 mph 'cause that's where most hyperbikes electronically limit the top end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.