Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Bikes that REALLY blow your hair back.

1M views 7K replies 175 participants last post by  GrandPrixLegend 
#1 ·
I play on another website thread that is totally dedicated to posting Cool looking bikes. In fact I ended up playing bikes-on-line while I was looking for ideas on how to soup-up my GS850-Shaftie (Suzi, not BeeEm). Anyway, I never gave up. I just got my mits on these images and thought you RATS might appreciate them too. I am not a twin fan, or a scrambler fan, or a wafer thin seat fan, but this ROCKS! Dig the FCR's. Then I thought to label the thread as I did so that you might post your favourite bike images in the future too.

Best 'til last. Keihin and CNC beauty.

See less See more
#3,065 ·
There are lots of really great bikes pictured and quite a few that don't have an effect on me. It's largely a matter of individual taste I guess.

This picture is driving me crazy though. I really, really like the way it looks and yet it contains almost all of the elements of bike design that I can't stand.

I hate chrome, shiny polished stuff.
I hate tractor seats. this one has a chrome tractor seat.
Two negatives do not make a positive in this case.
It doesn't matter how gigantic the rear disk brake is, that bike won't even slow down without a front brake.
Maybe the front suspension won't handle the dynamic effects of a brake?
Is that the worlds shortest swing arm?
No lights, no fenders, no silencer, no air cleaner.
Where could it possibly be ridden?
Not on the street.
Not on any road race track.
Maybe some rules would allow it to run in some dirt flat track or speedway event, with a guarantee to fail.
If it can never be ridden, why bother to ugly it up with a side stand?
It's a stupid, stupid bike, useless for riding and a waste of resources to construct.

I can't stop leering at it. It's beautiful.

G
#3,066 ·
Slow. I liked it as a work of art making me think of board trackers of old. I also am drawn to the gaudiness of the little charmer.

Probably means I am trolling and you are are simply confident in your likes and dislikes. Thumbs up.

This post has been deleted
G
#3,067 ·
Slow, both foot peg assemblies seem fixed to rotate together either heel toe or toe heel down pressure. Maybe on the shifting side to allow you to shift with out scuffing your chrome toe. The braking side is a touch odd.

Great photos showing superb welding, every little element has a place and fits, evenly balanced and aside from all the chrome and weird foot rests looks like an every day rider type bike.

#3,072 · (Edited)
Sweet Jesus - the moderators removed a picture of someone's arse because... they're fundamentalists?

Uncanny..... :)

#3,074 ·
First Warning

Cyclops - CX's are now considered as inflammatory as religion and politics. They are outside AUP.

#3,077 ·
^ Not true.

We only eat prawns. A shrimp is the little kid at school that gets beaten up for his lunch money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.