Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Bikes you know are krap, but other guys love.

4K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  Greaser 
#1 ·
having had lots of models of various brands that I thought I'd really like there were a few kraptastic ones in there that gave me grief and I unloaded ASAP then bought another one that I really liked and that one would be fantastic. Sell it for some reason and the next one I thought would be a good fit would be .... again .... a pretty unspectacular POS for me.

I'd meet other guys on the road and see what they had and I used to ride and they would be in love with the thing.. I'd think to myself what's to love, I had one and it ain't lovable for sure.

Of course there were times I'd be riding and hook up with a guy who had the bike I was on and we'd confab about what was great about that particular model.

But all in all there's all sorts of people out there with different tastes and loyalties. Even if they know they're riding a POS they won't let on because it's disloyal somehow.

C'mon guys. You know it's true. Any of us who have been riding for a few have bought bikes that weren't exactly our cup of tea.

lets hear what bike was a good fit for you and one you wish you'd never laid eyes on.

See less See more
#37 ·
Worst day on a bike is better than the best day in a car.
Everything mechanical has flaws but bikes are not just machines they move the soul. I've had less than perfect bikes and they taught me how to mend things. For that I'm grateful. For me working on my bike is the next best thing to riding it.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com Free App

#39 ·
Worst day on a bike is better than the best day in a car.
Everything mechanical has flaws but bikes are not just machines they move the soul. I've had less than perfect bikes and they taught me how to mend things. For that I'm grateful. For me working on my bike is the next best thing to riding it.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com Free App
Absolutley, I agree 100%.

#43 ·
I've have in all honesty looked at a few CX's. I passed up a CX 650 Turbo when my red 99 TBS was wrecked in 2001. It was for sale for I think $5000 and it was in perfect low mile shape. I passed on it becasue I still didn't know if they were going to write my bike off or fix it.

Should've just bought the damn turbo CX.
Stock CX in standard trim. I actually can se emy self owning and riding this. Nothign wrong with it.

Random CX Thruxton:

G
#44 ·
It has exhaust wrap, shaft drive and piston that stick out between your knees. Thank the motorcycle gods you didn't get one. You would have probably grown into a MotoGuzzi or worse yet a BMW.

Oh, and I did want to tell you how sorry I was for that HD you owned.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.