Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Daytona-tag

42K views 266 replies 35 participants last post by  PaulM 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hiya kids!

It's not summer anymore, so here's a reason to ride.

Photo-tag!

First person to get the tag gets to post the new target theme.
Post a picture of your Daytona with the LAST requested 'tag' in the chain;
then you get 'control' and post a pic of your Daytona with a new target, generic enough in standard for anyone in the world to play the game.

The spirit is not to make it hard/impossible - so you would 'win' if no-one can meet the challenge (or stands for inordinate amount of time)
- the object is to get us out & about to get pics with readily attainable targets, which however are a new & interesting theme.
i.e. the competitive challenge for those participating against each new tag, is to be the first to respond to satisfy the requirement.

First target...Your Daytona beside a BIG rock.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Thank you sir. I like the concept of this thread, but it doesn't evolve/develop very quickly. So I went out on Sunday to get the pics; the combination of an anonymous windmill (well, windpump actually) and a famous structure appealed to me. The weather was great and it was just an excuse to give the Daytona a run:).

Anyway, it's now somebody else's turn :D!

Ps. I've visited Washington State once and stayed in Bellingham- a stunningly beautiful part of the world :thumbsup.

#22 ·
Our main wine growing & producing region is nearly 1,000 miles away so I can't do that, but that's perfectly OK because I've already posted on this thread.

So it's time for the Daytona riders in California, Europe, Australia etc. to step forward and post some pics :).

#23 ·
Alrighty. Cali rider here. The winery is Eagle Castle winery off of hwy 46. There literally hundreds of wineries around here but this one is definatly one of the coolest.

next up your bike next to the ER, or a hospital. Bonus points if you get an ambulance or a doctor,nurse or other personel in the pic.

#25 ·
It's a public holiday today (and the start of our summer vacation :)) so I went out on my bike. No ambulances or medical staff I'm afraid, but this is Johannesburg General Hospital.

New Tag: tall building

This is the 269 metre/882 foot high Hillbrow Tower (complete with the 24 metre diameter, 50 ton glassfibre soccer ball that was constructed on it last year to celebrate the FIFA 2010 tournament) that is a feature of Johannesburg's skyline.

DaveB.

#28 · (Edited)
its...its...ALIVE. bringing this back from the dead. Unfortunately I live 4hrs away from any tall buildings so this is the closest I got.
Its a smoke stack from a power plant a few towns away hope it counts.

you'll have to excuse the lack of fairings. They're being prepped for paint and it was just to nice of a weekend not to go ride.

Next tag: your daytona next to a body of water.

#29 · (Edited)
Good work trpla- thanks for keeping this enjoyable thread alive. That night time photo next to the water is really dramatic.

Earlier today, Emmerentia Dam in Johannesburg's Northern suburbs.

New tag: bridge

Also from this morning, this is Nelson Mandela Bridge in downtown Johannesburg. It was completed in 2003.

So over to you good folks; your Daytona next to or on a bridge :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.