Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Tiger Tag O Rama (Picture Game)

461K views 5K replies 98 participants last post by  OSJ 
#1 ·
Tag O Rama (Photo-Tag)

ANY TIGER CAN PLAY!! And, if your Tiger is in the shop you're more than welcome to participate with whatever motorcycle you've got.

First person to get the tag gets to post the new target theme. Post a picture of your Tiger with the LAST requested "tag" in the chain, then you get "control" and post a picture of your Tiger with a NEW target. The new tag must be generic enough and standard for anyone around the world to join in and play.

New time limit rule. The tag needs to be completed, start to finish within 48 hours. "Completed" meaning, old tag photo and the new challenge photo need to be posted within 48hours of each other. If the time limit is not met, the challenge will revert back to the old challenge photo. Additionally, 1) After 3 days, the person who made the challenge can post their own picture and pick another topic. (2) If a challenge is not met after 5 days a new topic is picked by the previous challenger winner. (3) If a pic is in dispute, it needs 3 yes votes to be accepted.

No stock photo's for the OLD TAG. You can use stock photo's for the challenge tag (new tag) though.

Challenge photos: Keep things simple in such a manor as to keep the game flowing as quickly as possible. Try not to use "specific" movable objects as they are tough to predict where they'll be at any given time. Again, think of a challenge that will keep the game moving, if they're tricky to duplicate the game will stall.

If someone has an issue with the difficulty of a tag please post here or PM me so I can make some adjustments.

Here is the first challenge. Your Tiger pictured with an industrial chimney.

See less See more
#429 ·
Hopefully this pans out. Up at quarter to buttcrack on a Sunday and gearing up for a 60 mile run at 31f so I can squeeze it in without taking family time.

Who am I kidding? I'm going riding!

#430 ·
Got a little carried away. Shoulda been a 50 mile ride, but what a spectacular area! Left the house at 0630 and, 150 miles (45 of that partially frozen, rutted, and wet dirt) later, here I am sitting on the couch at 10:00. Have I ever mentioned this bike rocks?

So, here's you placename. Rode her. Rode her like a boss.

A little gap filler (I had nothing to do with the perverse sign in article):
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/embdenorigin-of-katie-crotch-roads-name-a-mystery_2012-03-09.html

Your challenge: An industry that is vital to your local economy. Maine would screech to a halt without the paper industry.

Not a challenge, but my turnaround point almost 40 miles north of the dive into Katies Crotch. The north side of the Bigelow Range and Flagstaff Lake.

A little interesting history about Flagstaff. Things were different before political correctness, lawyers under every rock, environMENTALism....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagstaff_Lake_(Maine)

Anyway, watch the pictures thread. I picked up a couple cool shots while wandering through the bush.

#442 ·
I wasn't entirely certain if "industry" means factory or also other forms of enterprise. Our part of the world is known for being the home of a large bathroom equipment factory, so here is a pic from this morning:

However, if talking about Switzerland, bathroom equipment is not the first thing that usually comes into mind. Watches maybe, but all those factories are on the other side of the country.
Banks & vaults then, but bankers have become very unpopular recently, even out here. Chocolate maybe, but then I'd run into trouble with our friends on that foggy, rainy island in the North Sea, at least since a big Swiss company bought the old Rowntree factory in York - and closed it down. And since an English biker once brought me a box of "After Eight" mint chocolates as a souvenir from England, only to find "Made in Switzerland" printed on the underside of the box...
How about the famed Swiss cheese then, cheese producers out here are plentiful and come in three flavours: small...

...medium:

...and too large for my lens:

Which brings me to the new challenge: local food. I don't mean driving out to the nearest burger forge and take a pic of your bike, no. I mean real local food, either your bike with the field where it grows or grazes or with a place where it is processed. Anyone up for the challenge?

All the best

Pete

#444 ·
...except the lack of a challenge photo showing some divine bovine has swiss cheesed it.
Oopsie, a bit of an oversight by myself. The reason why only so little of my favourite Appenzeller cheese is produced is the extensive farming method used. Here is the missing picture with some bovine cheese producers at work, in the meadows and on the road...

So if you next time bike the Swiss mountains, bear in mind that the hairpin turn ahead may contain some unexpected leftovers of the local cheese productions.

#445 ·
#446 ·
You have NO idea how that strikes home.
Hi Eric

Nice to see that there are still some aficionados of the BRP around - I started out on a XR500R when I was much younger and 144 lb sounded like a meaty geezer. Some of your pictures of that "bones" collection must be rated as "NC-17", I suppose...
The last similar encounter I had was a diesel spill in the Italian Dolomites during a rain-shower in 2009 - luckily the only outages were mechanical and not physical, though of course my bike was just two weeks old at that time. That is the price you pay for living in a part of the world where petrol engines are an endangered species, at least for cage drivers.
Hopefully someone picks up on the challenge soon, as I still have a few days of vacation to come and fancy another one myself.

All the best from the Alps

Pete

#448 ·
Man, I figured this Challenge would be taken fairly quickly.

Here's the required photo of some girls gone wild, baring it all, and getting ready to hoof it for a night on the town. They may be late, as I'm sure there's a couple that'll milk it for all it's worth..... at least until one of them gets tired of the bull and has a real beef with it.

What? "Only one pic?" You say? That's because I have murdered two birds with one stone.... er..... picture! Your new challenge is a picture of your Tiger with your best friend.

Group ride excuse!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#449 ·
Your new challenge is a picture of your Tiger with your best friend.
Going on a group ride with a half-dozen really good Triumph-riding friends on Sunday.

None of them are my best friend. That would be my wife, and she doesn't ride with me...ever.

Of course I could get a photo of the two of us with the bike if I just roll it out into the driveway and have her come out of the house.

That's just too easy.

#454 ·
As it "truck" rodeo. Haven't been called that in a long time. They changed the name to keep things spiffy. Truck Driving Championships.

Had a good day, took a first in 5 axle, my fourth win. Headed to the nationals in Salt Lake in August!

Shall I find a new challenge today?

#455 ·
Hi Eric

Congratulation to your performance on four (or more) wheels. Meanwhile I thought about the challenge. Best friend to me and my bike, hmmmh... Could be Hans, my Swiss Master mechanic. I never did him justice until I had a service done to my bike in Calgary, Canada - since those morons wrecked my bike I know the value of an experienced motorbike mechanic.
But hang on, much closer to my heart is Arnold, my banker, who is so good in keeping the IRS on a wild goose chase...
So I went to visit him today. It's a pretty long ride to Liechtenstein from my place. Once I arrived at his office he came out with me for a break in the sun - but these private bankers are so camera-shy, he wouldn't pose for pic, not for all the Swiss francs in the federal vaults. He is hiding in that image behind that blue sign in the parking lot:

I hope Eric accepts this image - I certainly drove 70 miles to this place, just to get a pic of him.
If Eric is OK with that pic, then I'd suggest as the next challenge your bike at your favourite scenic viewpoint. Like this one:

This is my Cat this afternoon above the Rhine Valley, with the towns of Schaan (Liechtenstein) and Buchs (Switzerland) in the background, Germany to the right and Austria somewhere behind me.
The challenge is the scenic viewpoint. There is no need to have four different countries in the picture

All the best

Pete

#456 ·
As long as your IRS isn't like hours, and he's not a small government conservative.... He'd have been safe for a picture. :D

I'll take both pics, simply to get the game moving again.

Am I the only one envious of Biketravellers playground?

#457 · (Edited)
...Biketravellers playground
Thanks for the laurels, Eric.
This by the way is the other (western) side of the Rhine river valley today at 2pm:

The pond in the middle is Lake Walen. I wish I could have gone for some real mountain views, but after the hardest winter since records began has barely ended out here, all the high mountain passes are still closed.
Hopefully I get a chance to do better with a later challenge...

I have attached the GPS tracklog, just in case anyone wants to have a closer look at the "playground".

Attachments

#460 ·
I would have to ride 3000 miles to even see a real mountain.
You don't need them where you live. I have very fond memories of biking endless miles on a totally empty Maine state route number 9 while heading south from the Canadian border, of riding along the Kennebec river and of Rangeley Lake - though I missed Benton by a few miles, passing to the north on HW 2.

Living in a place barely bigger than Maryland with seven million people in it is crowded enough. That we have two thirds of the country covered with these mountains (i. e. no one can live there) makes it somewhat worse.

How can you have a harsh winter, with all this global warming going on?
That's what everyone on this side of the pond, from Scotland to Italy, is asking. The last decent summer here in Central Europe we had in 2011. Let's hope that our luck will change later this summer.

All the best

Pete

#461 ·
Wow, what happened to the game? Spent some time away when my app failed, then just plain been busy. Here's to moving The Game forward!

Here's one from the ride up Mt Washington that I took my evil minion on, itll cover the scenic overlook. Not much comparison to Biketravellers, but it's the best a Maine boy could do. 300 miles with a 6yo on the back. He's my hero!

Word to the wise..... never smell a bear butt.

Attachments

#462 ·
The new challenge: Old traffic control sign, preferably something with personality. I will also take a sign denoting a piece of history gone, such as the S&H.

Story behind this one. I live and work in Maine, but help realign struggling terminals throughout New England and New Jersey. Back in March, I saw the sign on the tree while using gps to find the straightest route a 65' long tractor trailer will fit down in an attempt to reach a soon closing customer.

Using the gps, maps, and sat overlays, I guessed its location. I was off by 100yds. Not bad, considering the sign is in Little Compton, Rhode Island! 550 mile ride for this one, including a trip to Twisted Throttle, 100f and humid, and a run-in with the worst lightning storm of the year. That was a hoot!

Side note, sitting on gridlocked interstate in high temps, when the fuel tank gets so hot it literally HURTS to touch, the Tiger will start running badly! Thought I was going to park it at one point.

Attachments