Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Upgrading Exhaust 101

9K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  62vauxhall 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I've only put 500 miles on my 2006 T100 and I'm already thinking of upgrading my exhaust. I want a throatier sound but not real loud. Just a nice rumble instead of that sewing machine sound it makes right now. I don't need more performance per se. Just a richer more appealing sound. I checked out the exhaust sticky and a bunch of the videos. Very cool. I think I like the Norman Hyde exhaust but am open to ideas. Plus, money is an object so best bang for my buck is key. Also, I'm not skilled enough to do the upgrades myself so any idea how much all this will set me back?

Cheers,
Laura

#39 ·
I ride a carbureted 2007 T100 and debated exhaust silencers for a long time. TOR's went on within weeks of getting the bike and remained on until last winter but I was never satisifed with the sound. I read dozens of posts on this site and others, including many Youtube videos. Because I use saddlebags, I need low silencers like TOR's (and the originals), so all upswept pipes were eliminated. After many months of online comparing, I picked British Customs Sleepers - stainless steel and I guess mid-price range. They rumble at idle and are quiet enough to hear the person next to you speak but during accelleration, they sound like they mean business. And, they look right on the bike. The chamber is narrower and shorter than TOR's but have a much wider opening. Not much inside - pretty much a straight pipe lined with steel wool. Two seasons ago I put on an airbox elimination kit. It came with 140 jets so they are fine. BC Sleepers look good, sound good plus I think they make an additional horspower or two more than the TOR's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.