Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Buying Advice needed for unseen D650

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Surfguygriff 
#1 ·
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some advice please.

Getting my first big bike in the UK and fallen in love with the D650 after a test ride this morning. Unfortunately the one I rode has 30K+ on clock and WAY over priced so I'm having to look further afield......

This is the bike I'm looking at and would much appreciate any advice on it-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201244490657928/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/cc-to/800cc/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/daytona/make/triumph/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/pl46qs?logcode=p

Is it ok to buy unseen generally?

What kind of questions should I be asking?

Would I be forced to buy it if it got delivered and wasn't as described?

Any help would be massively appreciated,

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
Normally, I would not advise anyone to buy unseen...but that bike actually looks pretty good and the price seems fair. These things are usually pretty trouble-free, the reg-rec/stator can be prone to fail but there's no real way to gauge whether that will happen or not. Everything looks stock on that bike... the rear sprocket definitely is, which would lead me to think at 16K miles a new chain & sprockets may be needed soon (unless they've already been replaced with OEM equipment).
No obvious signs of it having been dropped at all....I like it.

If you buy it can I have the mirrors???

#4 ·
I'm of the same opinion, Will....I don't think my own bike's engine felt like it had truly loosened up until about that mileage.

Funny though, I clicked on the 'location' in the link, and I could see my old house I lived in when I was a kid!!

#5 ·
That's great guys, thank you. Spoke to them earlier and they said it had a new sprocket and chain at the last service 500miles ago along with tyres so that's all good. Decent guy on the phone and will give me free delivery so looks like I'm getting a new toy :D!

And if it comes with spare mirrors D41 you'd be very welcome to the stock ones ;)!

Cheers again for the pointers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.