Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

2013 Street Triple-R UK Review

10K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  spiff 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, thanks Deano. I hadn't seen that one yet.
I've been trying to find the full MCN review but have had no luck. And MCN doesn't do an electronic version of their magazine apparently, and I can't find the magazine for sale anywhere around here. Would you know where i could get a hold of the print article in this weeks MCN ?
Thanks!

#3 ·
Wow, really interesting how much fuel efficiency has improved! That, I did not expect.

#8 ·
I like it but in all honesty I like my 2012 a little better . The undertail exhaust and the swingarm were a signature touch . I like the fuel economy but that'll drop some once you put on the aftermarket exhaust . My 2012 stock would get 48mpg stock but dropped to 43 with the TORs . I hate ABS on a bike so I'm not missing anything with that . If it came with a quickshifter I'd be annoyed since I think the R versions should of had it standard like the Daytona R . I've been bouncing the idea of getting a quickshifter . As for the weight drop they easily got that with the low exhaust . The twin stock cans were about that weight they stated they lost .. LOL It's nice and all but for the guys already with Street Triples they wouldn't gain too much going to one . Lastly I'll say despite kinda bashing it ( not meaning to ) it's nice to see the Streety redone . It was due .

For the guy thinking of trading his Speedy for one ? You'll miss the torque but it's just as fast and IMHO a much better handling bike than the 1050 . You'll either love it or hate it . I was looking to upgrade but it wouldn't of been much of one .

#9 · (Edited)
I like the new bike, I have no plans of buying one, but if for some reason I needed to, then I would not hesitate to buy the latest version.
For me, the overall look is a big factor, but performance is the deal maker. The Street Triple, has since it's beginning, offered both (IMO).

I would like to see Triumph do a "Special Edition" in a "Café Racer" type look. Not so much of a retro look, more like a 21st century rendition of café racer. Only do a limited production, and keep both the standard and R versions.

#12 ·
i definitely like how the angular look of the new exhaust matches the headlights..on its own, the headlights looked a bit odd and i was going to go with the rounded look of the 2011 and earlier versions, but now.. i think.. i might just plonk down some silly money for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.