Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Motomfg Bike Lift / Paddock Stand Group Buy (Now Extended through Dec 25)

41K views 175 replies 38 participants last post by  DEcosse 
#1 ·
Moderator Sponsored Group Buy

Introducing a great deal on a stand/lift from Motomfg that lifts your complete bike - single device replaces separate Front & Rear stands.

Here is demo of the product (albeit with Ducati for illustration):

Please see product review of features on my Triumph in Post # 44 of this thread

Big News!

I just chatted with Greg at MotoMFG this morning - he has just completed the Speed Triple Adapter and the Speed Triple kit is now available for immediate sale, even though not yet posted on the site
But ......... there's even better news - I discussed potential for Group Buy and he has committed to a significant discount on an already excellent price.
(List Price on the MotoMFG is $340 for stand plus $110 wheel kit & $35 shipping)

The Group Buy Pricing for quantity of 10 will be -13% off List Plus $35 shipping.

$295.80 for the Stand with Model Specific Adapter Kit

$95.70 for the Optional Wheel Kit.

$35 Shipping (US & Canada)

(At this time Overseas shipping looks to be prohibitively expensive due to size & weight)

The Group Buy pricing will apply to other Triumph Kit available - 675 Daytona & Street Triple
However if you want one for ANY of the available Make/Model kits - incl non-Triumph - this GB will also be open to those also if already registered here.*

Note that the Speed Triple Kit should fit any 02-10 Speed Triple or 02-06 Daytona 955

**** Stop Press - Sprint has just been added and is also now available ****

Group Buy has been extended and will now run through December 25th for orders to ship before year-end.

Please confirm your committed interest to be included in the GB.

1. DEcosse (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
2. Jeremy J (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
3. Bira (Street - Stand plus Wheels)
4. FoothillRyder (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
5. drsib (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
6. edgedweapon88 (Street -Stand plus Wheels)
7. Lord Flashheart (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
8. Creative (Street -Stand plus Wheels)
9. DieselGeek (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
10. Cotriumph (S3 - Stand plus Wheels)
11. mrandoms (Street - Stand plus wheels)
12. champ87 - (Sprint - Stand plus wheels)
13. pingpong - (Sprint - Stand plus wheels)
14. Afrog - (Daytona 955 - Stand plus wheels plus GSXR Adapter Kit)
15. talker13 - (Daytona 675 - Stand plus wheels)
16. Mcouper - (Street - Stand plus wheels)
17. Motobu - (Sprint GT))

Just a quick post-script - Motomfg also has nice Rear Axle Nut Socket(46mm) for the Triumph SSSA and also has Chain Adjuster Tool.
So if you need either of those, you might pick up at the same time.

* Participants must be existing member (min 30 days) in good standing to participate.

See less See more
1 3
#44 ·
Greg at Motomfg kindly sent mine on ahead of the full commitment to get a confirmation on fitment for the earlier models.

This is a beautiful piece of kit, even better than expected - very nice quality, everything fits together extremely well.
I have to say I am totally ecstatic with this purchase.

First off, the packing is first-class!

It goes together extremely quickly & easily - put the wheels on, insert the vertical lift component into the base and bolt it together, then finally the adapter plate.
All the bolt holes line up exactly as they should and the powder coat finish is first class.
(Note that the hardware is not Metric - you will need SAE tools - wrenches and hex keys)

The Adapter Bushing is permanently fitted to the bike - remove the lower left-side Frame to Sub-frame bolt, (the one in the pocket in the frame) for which you will need a T55 Torx bit
Then insert the bushing and re-install with the replacement bolt *

* a new nut & bolt will be supplied (original is a flanged bolt)

The adapter bushing only protrudes by about 10mm from the frame, relatively unobtrusive.

Then simply follow the included directions to align the adapter plate and pins between the bike and stand & tighten down. There is excellent range of adjustment built in to the design.
In my case I have Rizoma Rear-sets and I actually used a different mounting hole on the lift frame plate from the recommended hole per the instructions in order to clear the gear-shift pedal.

Very easy to operate and does not require super-human strength to raise the bike. It has good lever advantage. The locking pin is also very nice added safety feature.
It's extremely stable on the stand, even when moving the bike around on it.
Lowering is equally low-effort - you never feel like it is getting away from you dropping on its own weight.

The double casters are REALLY nice - effortless to move the bike around. The two closest to the left side lock to keep the bike from moving when you don't want it to!
I would highly recommend the casters unless you are seriously budget-constrained to not be able to include them at time of purchase:
- you can always get them later if that is the case.
Stand is fairly heavy, so even without considering their best asset of being able to move the bike around, even just moving the stand by itself is much easier to roll than have to pick it up!

I can rotate the bike on its own axis in a single bay of the garage.
Then could move the bike directly parallel to the rear of the garage for minimal intrusion into the garage space.
Before-hand it was in the same general space but only about 45 deg to wall - I would also have to first back the bike into the garage from outside.
Now can ride in, raise bike on the Motomfg Stand, spin it around and push it into the space as in parallel parked!

Here's a wide-view so you can see how tight the bike now tucks into that space:

#70 ·
Greg at Motomfg kindly sent mine on ahead of the full commitment to get a confirmation on fitment for the earlier models.

Here's a wide-view so you can see how tight the bike now tucks into that space:

Damn you for showing me this. :) I think I am going to have to get the dang wheels too. I found a nice place for me to tuck my bike that gives me more room to work on my car.

#48 ·
One of few things you can't do directly - it uses swing-arm spindle for lower lift pin
But it's not really alone there - you have to either lift under the motor or support under the subframe to do that
So neither Pitbull (or similar design) single-side axle lift nor Abba nor any other type I can think of can accommodate alone.

Here's what I would do:
Lift bike using the Motomfg;
Remove wheel, chain off sprocket, remove right-side spindle bolt and loosen the spindle lock ring & adjuster collar; uncouple lower shock mount from linkage and block under the swing arm to support;
Put a piece of pipe under sub-frame and position jack stands under on each side;
(on some bikes you can just flip the rear foot pegs and support on those)
Lower bike down off stand to support its weight on the pipe (or inverted foot pegs) on the jack stands;
Withdraw the Motomfg;
Remove spindle from left side and withdraw the swingarm.

#50 ·
Kudos to Ken for doing the research and setting up this group buy.

My dealer now sells them and has a Diavel on one one in the showroom. Very apparent that it is well designed, sturdy, and meets expectations.

This is probably one of the best bangs for the buck I have ever seen when it comes to motorcycle related equipment!

#53 ·
Kudos to Ken for doing the research and setting up this group buy.

My dealer now sells them and has a Diavel on one one in the showroom. Very apparent that it is well designed, sturdy, and meets expectations.

This is probably one of the best bangs for the buck I have ever seen when it comes to motorcycle related equipment!
Shipping to downunder issue aside Karl, will it lift our bikes?

#56 ·
Here are comparison pics of old (with the Motomfg adapter installed) vs 2013 Street R (I just lifted this pic off a video from German M/Cycle show)

Although the frame is new, the upper mount is at the same frame/engine mount location, so that should be the same. And Swing Arm adjuster also looks to be same (although is under that cover).

But that is no guarantee.

I think it unlikely there will be another GB for quite some time.

Attachments

#57 ·
I have the Bursig unit for my 2012 and I can highly recommend this type of stand to anyone that's on the fence about this buy.

The Motomfg and the Bursig look very similar, but I actually prefer the style of the Motomfg's wheels and the black sleeve (mine's gold).

I still use my Pit Bull stands for work on uneven surfaces or if I want the center of the bike unobstructed.

After having one, I wouldn't go without a Bursig or Motomfg stand.

#59 ·
Appreciate your review Jimbo

I think they are both excellent products and the biggest differentiator with the Motomfg is most certainly the price. You have to ask if that price might mean lesser quality and although have not seen the Bursig first-hand to compare, cannot see how the quality could be better - I was delighted with that aspect right out of the box (and even IN the box!)
I too think the double wheels are pretty neat.

ONE!!!
Then we can start placing orders and shipping.
The committed list is current in the first post.

#68 · (Edited)
Apologies, just seeing the paddock stand GB info and am wondering if this will fit an 02 Daytona CE (SSSA), and what modifications would be required, if any. What would make this even more awesome is if it would work with both my Daytona and my wife's 07 'Zuki GSXR 600. I know, probably far-fetched, but would make this beyond valuable to me. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

So, after actually being able to get to the MotoMFG website through the firewall, I'm seeing it should be plug-n-play for the '02 Daytona...I guess my concern is if it plays nicely with the fairings in place, or if removal would be required (like with the Triumph front wheel stand). I also see that they have it for the GSXRs...so, how much is now the question to get set up with both? It also seems that I'd have to swap out the pins and plate to change which bike was on the stand.

LOL...and now more disappointment, they don't support the 2007 Suzuki GSXRs...at least yet.

Frog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.