Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Heaven sent warning to car drivers

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  triumphpat 
#1 ·
Seen in Sarasota, FL. Amen to that, brother.

Signage Sign Street sign Tree Font

See less See more
#2 ·
Be carefully while your here.
I work in Sarasota Fl. This time of year the weather is a bit cooler and great for riding.
Unfortunately all of the snowbirds (old people who live up north) are here for the winter, and they will run you down while looking at palm trees and alligators...

#7 ·
It seems that despite being half a world away, drivers are the same everywhere...

Over here, using a handheld mobile phone whilst driving is illegal (driving simply means 'sitting in the car with the engine running', incidentally). Because drivers still do it the top traffic cop wants to make it an offence to have a mobile phone switched on in the car. The question, I would have thought, is: if you can't adequately police the law you already have, how is introducing a new law going to change anything?

#10 ·
They made using a hand-held phone while driving illegal in California 3 or 4 years ago....the cops were hot for it for a while and I think many people initially complied with it....now it seems just generally ignored by most...same with texting which I think is even more widespread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.