Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

NGK Iridium Plug ??

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bubba Zanetti 
#1 ·
I'd like to put these in my 07 Bonneville, but I don't know the correct part #.

Anyone know the correct part #? :confused:

#2 · (Edited)
Data from Jack lilley (UK)

NGK DPR9EIX-9

Harder grade than the 8. Best for summer use and hard riding. Price is per plug. Apparently gives better spark and comsumption figures. Well it says so on the box! NOTE: NOT FOR LATE STYLE ENGINE WITH SI (AI)

NGK DPR8EIX-9

Slighty softer than the 9 grade ideal for winter or low speed use. Improved spark apparently and gives better consumption figues. Will not make you more attractive to the opposite sex though, sorry.

#4 ·
i have the iridiums in my 2007 thruxton with the AI removed. all the popular vendors for our bikes sell them and i havent had a problem in 10k miles. they're expensive and have no effect on increasing HP, efficiency, etc. i guess the only advantage to these plugs is they will last longer than a conventional plug. i am no expert by any means, and the 'pros' on here seem to think the iriduims are a waste of money. but to answer your question they wont hurt your bike.

#6 ·
Sorry to disagree with you but the Iridiums are heads and shoulders better than standard plugs. They may not make better Hp but they make for better combustion,
If you have done anything with the top end of your bike, carbs, air filter etc the Iridium can cope with change better thab standard plugs

#7 ·
Report Saturday on 09 Bonnie

I just put the 8's on my bike. I'm getting another dyno run done Saturday. I'm hoping for 5 more HP after what I paid for them..lol Those things cost me over 50 bucks.lol I'm embarrassed to tell you why. But for $50, you oughta get something in return, other that a kiss.
Tip for the day.
Don't put a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel in an old mans hands and try to side gap those little Bastards.

#9 ·
I just put the 8's on my bike. I'm getting another dyno run done Saturday. I'm hoping for 5 more HP after what I paid for them..lol Those things cost me over 50 bucks.lol I'm embarrassed to tell you why. But for $50, you oughta get something in return, other that a kiss.
Tip for the day.
Don't put a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel in an old mans hands and try to side gap those little Bastards.
you paid $50 for what??!! (please dont say it was for spark plugs...)

#13 ·
All a Marketing ploy to seperate the unsuspecting from their hard earn greenbacks. They will not make the bike run better, maybe in your mind but in reality...well you better do a check on that one.

As far as being chic magnets, yes they are. Only plugs used by the worlds most interesting man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.